WOOOHOOOO Manti LE Elk tag

Talk anything related to bowhunting
UvUBowhunter
Spike
Spike

Re: WOOOHOOOO Manti LE Elk tag

Post by UvUBowhunter » Thu Aug 19, 2010 6:46 pm

ya im headed up in that area saturday too. I hope all of my cameras are still there too. I hate it when people take cameras! i have had one stolen and it is the worst feeling ever.

But good luck! hope you get a big one!

Bowtech43
3 point
3 point

Post by Bowtech43 » Thu Aug 19, 2010 10:22 pm

Looking forward to the photo and story BullMaster. Good luck!!!

Go stick'em!
<--------)
Nothing like the great outdoors! :)

Buckmaster
4 point
4 point

Re: WOOOHOOOO Manti LE Elk tag <UP DATE>

Post by Buckmaster » Sun Aug 29, 2010 9:20 pm

Up Date: Aug. 29
Yet another weekend in the mountains chasing the elusive bull elk. They were starting to talk so we put on the game face and went in to see what was making all the noise. My son and I were able to sneak to within 45 yards of a great 5x5, he had 3 spikes and 4 cows with him. It’s fun to draw back on a great bull and know that you could have made the shot.
On the way in to find this bull we happened onto a 2x1 and a cow at 25 yards, again did a practice draw….booooyaaaa baby!! The fun thing is we have it all on video 

Next week they should be screaming, maybe just maybe the color on my fleching will change.
Last edited by Buckmaster on Mon Aug 30, 2010 3:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I love it when a plan comes together"
<-------<<<

My Photo page
http://www.muleymadness.com/gallery/v/m ... uckmaster/
http://www.badlandspacks.com/

killerbee

Post by killerbee » Mon Aug 30, 2010 7:06 am

thanks for the update BULLMASTER!
i was just wondering last night if i was going to get to see an update soon on your hunt.

keep after them, you'll get your bull! good luck!

NotEnufTags
Monster
Monster

Post by NotEnufTags » Mon Aug 30, 2010 12:57 pm

After the rain and hail this morning, I looked up and noticed a bit of snow on top of the oquir mountians. Hopefully the cool spell with get the bulls talking even more.
"Some day I'll scout out a monster, spot him while hunting, make the stalk of a lifetime, and have dreams come true. 'Til then I'll be happy with the buck in my cross-hairs."

Buckmaster
4 point
4 point

Post by Buckmaster » Sun Sep 19, 2010 3:52 pm

Ok, Here is the out come of my Hunt.....

My hunt was awesome… had bull’s every weekend. So close to so many 5x5! Then on Sunday 9-12 I was able to spot and stock a great 365+ bull with 8 cows. I got to with in 40 yards. The bull was close to an extreme quartering away left side. I lined up my pins with his front right leg and let it fly. I never got to see my arrow, only because the bull jumped forward and to the right around a tall bush. It’s that smack sound that you never forget. My son Cody was on the video camera from 500+ yards away and was able to video the bull for about 3min before he crossed the ridge. Cody also was able to see the arrow sticking out with his bino’s. Because I felt that the bull jumped my string and that my arrow was higher and further back than I wanted we fell back to our saying - “When in doubt – Back out” so we gave him 6hrs then started tracking. With the extreme angle and height of the arrow in his side there was very little blood. Cody did say he could see a big red spot on his left side as he ran over the ridge. To date we could not find the arrow and when last seen by Cody it was still in the bull.

We have spent 3 full days looking, last Wednesday I had 5 guys and a dog looking with me only to find nothing. I have not had a good nights sleep seen’s that day. This is the first animal I have lost in 30 years of hunting, what a head game it plays with you, all I think about is how magnificent of an animal it is and how and why did it turn out this way.

I told my son on the day I stuck this bull that I was tagged out for the rest of the season. The only hunting I will do will be for this bull.

We are going to go down again on the 26th to do one last search… if he’s on the ground he will be stinkin pretty good by then.

If anyone hear's of a rifle LE hunter on the Manti east of Millers flat reservoir that shoots or finds this bull, I would love to talk with them. 801-641-8579 is my cell number.

Mark.
Last edited by Buckmaster on Mon Sep 20, 2010 3:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"I love it when a plan comes together"
<-------<<<

My Photo page
http://www.muleymadness.com/gallery/v/m ... uckmaster/
http://www.badlandspacks.com/

a_bow_nut

Post by a_bow_nut » Sun Sep 19, 2010 4:33 pm

Thanks for the story. I hope that you are able to find him when you head back down to look.
Live to hunt, hunt to live.

Don't argue with an idiot; people watching may not be able to tell
the difference.

MuleyMadness
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MuleyMadness » Sun Sep 19, 2010 6:19 pm

Bummer Mark, Sure do you someone can turn him up for you. Glad you 'filled' the tag though, I admire you for that. Most wouldn't do so.

killerbee

Post by killerbee » Sun Sep 19, 2010 8:42 pm

man thats to bad, i hope you can turn him up later. but as was already stated- that is pretty top notch of you for being "tagged out" even while still looking. good luck on your return trip and thanks for the update :thumb

sneekeepete
Monster
Monster

Post by sneekeepete » Mon Sep 20, 2010 5:20 am

Bummer on the sittuation... I know the feeling just not with the quality of trophy. I have some family that will be around the area this week and maybe next. I'll pass the word and let you know if anything is found. It is good to hear of your determination to find your bull and that your tag is filled. I wish there were more hunter's like you. 10sign:
SNEEKEEPETE
OIF Vet.
Sgt Petersen USMC
Colossians 1:27,28