I took the air out of this guy!!!!!!!!!

Talk anything related to bowhunting
Show_Me_Your_Rack
2 point
2 point

I took the air out of this guy!!!!!!!!!

Post by Show_Me_Your_Rack » Mon Aug 20, 2007 8:14 pm

Ok here is the story!!! this all started about 2 months ago when me and jordan AKA hard_hunter found an area that looked awsome but did not have time to go check it out that day. so around a week later him and wes aka antlerquest went out to the spot and found some big bad boyz so we decided to hit that hard for the bow hunt!!! so we scouted the area a few times a week and learned the area!!! everytime we went back in there we were finding new bucks!!! And we also were finding the same ones the area was loaded with bucks bucks and more bucks with a few toads!!! one day jordan asked me what type of buck i was after since a only had a bow tag and was leaving on my mission for 2 years? i told him that i would love to kill a big solid 3 point!!! he said that he had filmed a big 3 that morning so after looking over the video i said thats my buck i want we knew he had atleast 12 inch 4's and being really tall i was hooked!!! We saw the buck a few times before the season opened so i was getting pumped he was definatly not the biggest buck in the area but i just loved his look!!! So the night before opener me wes jordan and TOM aka tom were talking about who was going where and what to expect everyone had thier bucks they wanted so i went to sleep with big 3 on my mind!!! 2 hours before light we were up and getting ready me and tom were going tour SUPER SECRET SPOT and for some reason there were guys already there and 2 more wheelers!!! but we still had our hopes up cause its a big area with big deer all over it!!! I got to my spot and not much was happening so i started to move on and when i was getting closer to a buck that i spotted and when i was sneaking up on it i spotted the big 3 about 300 yards with me pinned so i waited till he went over the hill and i RAN after him and spotted him feeding down the ridge with about 30 other bucks so w went down there and got within 168 yards of him and he started feeding away from me so i snuck and got in front of the heard and waited for them to feed to me, and they did i had the 3 bed down at 46 yards and i had no shot on him because of the trees so i just sat there waiting about 1/2 hour later he got up and was walking away i ranged him at 68 and only had a neck head shot and i shot right over him and he just walked off!!! I thought i had blown my only chance at him so i was bummed out the rest of the day!!! the next day i went out that eveining with wes and we did a huge hike in new counry that did not produce anything ;0 but about an hour before dark wes got me on a heard of bucks with one good 4 and a good 3 so i was off and me being loud kept spooking them but i just stuck on them tracking and tracking this went on for i would say 2 miles and i finally got them out in the open and after spooking all the deer off i spotted a buck about 120 yards away and i just saw that he was tall and had good fronts and i was off!!! i would go 5 yards and he would turn and stare me down then when he turned i would start going again this went on about 5 or 6 times untill i ranged him and he was 78 yards so i drew back without him looking at me and since he was quartering a way i aimed right dead center and let go!!! to my suprise the deer did not bolt he just walked up the hill 20 yards and dropped!!! i ran up to the deer and saw my arrow sticking out his opposite shoulder so i set my bow down and ran to get the guys!!! it was dark by the time i rounded them all up and it took me awhile to find the deer but after gutting him and packing him to the wheeler it was all fun from there!!! this is my best buck with a bow!!! I just want to know what you all think of him and would you shoot him on an over the counter bow hunt??? THANKS WES TOM AND THE OTHER KID FOR ALL THE HELP AND SUPPORT!!! JORDAN YOU SURE DO PUT UP WITH ALOT!!!! BUT I LOVE YOUR BINOS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sorry about the pictures i will get some better ones!!!!!!!!!!!

The situation is you aren’t going to kill a big buck unless there’s a big buck where your huntin!!!

MuleyMadness
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MuleyMadness » Mon Aug 20, 2007 8:19 pm

Awesome 3-point, glad to FINALLY see some success pictures.

Thanks for the pics, that is a really good looking buck.

And to answer your question would I shoot him? umm....YEP! :thumb

AGCHAWK
Monster
Monster

Post by AGCHAWK » Mon Aug 20, 2007 8:28 pm

Great lookin' buck!

Looks like the pics are startin' to roll in now. Man, I can't wait to get out there myself!

loco4muleys
3 point
3 point

Post by loco4muleys » Mon Aug 20, 2007 9:10 pm

Wow, great lookin buck. There's somethin about three pointers that's unique. I know one of my favorite bucks was a three pointer.
One does not hunt in order to kill; one kills in order to have hunted.

NONYA
Monster
Monster

Post by NONYA » Mon Aug 20, 2007 9:16 pm

Nice BUCK!! Great job! :arrow :thumb

bigbuck92
Monster
Monster

Post by bigbuck92 » Mon Aug 20, 2007 9:23 pm

Thats a awesome buck Trevor. congrats!
Cody
Old hunters NEVER die,they just have better camo.

DeadI

Post by DeadI » Mon Aug 20, 2007 9:27 pm

Very nice buck. Yes I would have shot him. That is fairly long shot as well.
Deadi

southwind
Monster
Monster

Post by southwind » Mon Aug 20, 2007 9:34 pm

Awesome Buck! Congrats. :thumb And yes I would shoot an classic fine looking 3 point like that.

Cvrn
3 point
3 point

Post by Cvrn » Mon Aug 20, 2007 10:00 pm

Congrats on a great Buck :thumb
SNUFF"M

Torch
3 point
3 point

Post by Torch » Mon Aug 20, 2007 10:36 pm

Way to go! Nice buck. :thumb