What Broadhead do you like?

Talk anything related to bowhunting
Bowtech43
3 point
3 point

What Broadhead do you like?

Post by Bowtech43 » Thu Jul 24, 2008 12:23 pm

This may have been a topic of discussion in the past, but I'm new to the site. I read up a little on the G5 post, but I shoot Mangus Suffer SS broadheads. They seem to be durable and well made, but they are the first broadheads I have owned and would like to hear feedback about them and info on any other quality broadheads that any of you would suggest. Also I was checking out the Hostage arrow rest and coming from a wisker bisket I figure it's a step in the right direction as far as less friction on the arrow at release, but still offering the convenience of a secure arrow as I stalk. Let me know what you all think...

Thanks
Nothing like the great outdoors! :)

DeadI

Re: What Broadhead do you like?

Post by DeadI » Thu Jul 24, 2008 12:35 pm

::wel
I personaly shoot the Wac'ems. And love them. They fly just like my field tips, making it easy to switch from target to hunting. The only drawback to them is that they have a small diameter. I have heard good things about the Wac'em XT though, they are sapossed to have a diameter of 1 1/4" wich would be nice.
Deadi

one hunting fool
Monster
Monster

Post by one hunting fool » Thu Jul 24, 2008 12:37 pm

i use to shoot Thunderheads along with everyone else it seems but last your i switched to a G5 I love it we will see how it works this year
Genesis 27:3
Now take your hunting equipment, your quiver and bow, and go out into the open country and hunt some wild game for me.

BOHNTR

Post by BOHNTR » Thu Jul 24, 2008 1:10 pm

Wac'ems here......best flying head I've shot.
BOHNTR )))-------------->

Bowhunting Editor-Western Hunter Magazine
Pope & Young Measurer
Boone & Crockett Measurer

Avs man
Spike
Spike

Post by Avs man » Thu Jul 24, 2008 8:05 pm

I like my shuttle T locks 100 grains, outa my Mathews switchback 65lbs 65% letoff drop away rest, Used to shoot thunder heads never had a problem with them either. Good luck, Trying to find the ones that shoot the best outa your setup.
I spend Half my money on Huntin, The rest I just waste!

Bowtech43
3 point
3 point

Post by Bowtech43 » Sat Jul 26, 2008 4:16 pm

Thanks for the input! For the two of you that said Wac'ems. What makes them fly so true, or like field tips opposed to other broadheads. I did noticed that my broadheads (suffer ss) made my arrows sail a little down and to the right last year. I took my bow into Jakes Archery, they were able to paper tune it and solve the problem so it may not have been the broadheads... Not really sure.

GRAYLIGHT
Spike
Spike

Post by GRAYLIGHT » Sun Jul 27, 2008 12:01 pm

Innerloc's are great and indestructible.
Bow hunting is not my SPORT it's my PASSION!

6x6 bull
3 point
3 point

Post by 6x6 bull » Sun Jul 27, 2008 12:27 pm

I use Rage 3 blade for most animals and the Bass Pro 's Blackout broadhead for elk. the blackout is the same design as the striker and the wackem but for about 3.50 a head less. Just make sure that they spin true whatever head you decide upon.

Bowtech43
3 point
3 point

Post by Bowtech43 » Sun Jul 27, 2008 4:26 pm

Spinning true is obviously important, so when trying to practice shooting your broadheads... how often do you practice with them, and do you keep some that are straight out of the package just for hunting, and does practice shooting with broadheads affect it spinning true at all? That was a loaded question I know... :not-worthy

The Ox
Monster
Monster

Post by The Ox » Sun Jul 27, 2008 4:49 pm

wac ems'