Monster Buck Sited: Need some tips

Talk anything related to Rifle hunting
Anonymous

Monster Buck Sited: Need some tips

Post by Anonymous » Mon Nov 08, 2004 1:51 pm

Last weekend was opener in ND and I wasn't able to make it back home due to a football game. I will be going home this weekend. My brother in law had a huge six by six run across the road in front of him an hour before legal shooting time and lost track of him. This is an area of ND that doesn't have much cover. Not in the badlands, But there is a lot of farm land and tree rows around. Where should I focus to find this Monster? I've hunted Mule Deer all my life but there has never been deer in the area I am talking. Any help would be appreciated.

Anonymous

Post by Anonymous » Tue Nov 09, 2004 4:48 pm

I am from southern idaho and have hunted deer in stuff like that a few times. im not sure if there is much sage brush around like here but check those places where the brush is very tall and thick. also with the farmland around u can catch many deer in the corn fields or trees near them, or the trees near wheat fields if u can find such places. ravines where a deer can bed near weeds is good or maybe a river bottom if around. in my opinion i would go with the corn because that is where i have got mine more then once.

wrmdnkr
Spike
Spike

Post by wrmdnkr » Thu Jun 09, 2005 7:15 am

good luck finding that monster. They usually go for the thickest cover available :thumb
"being a music teacher doesn't make you a panzy"