Craig, CO

Talk anything related to Rifle hunting
wyomingtrophyhunter
Spike
Spike

Post by wyomingtrophyhunter » Tue Apr 05, 2005 1:29 pm

Ho, ho, ho on the Jackson Hole remark.

We took a day trip up there last year with some Riverton boys after we tagged out and decided to spend some time at the Zillion Dollar Cowboy Bar. (Where were the cowboys ?) We hung out in our killin' duds amongst some fancy-dan yuppie punks and yankee tourist types. Visited the big sporting goods joint downtown (can't think of the name of it) and saw some folks there looking for a thousand dollar fly reel to go on a $5000 fly rod !!

Finally headed back and stopped at a real joint somewhere outside of Dubois. My kinda place, for sure. Friendly folks and cheap, cold beer. I am staying away from the high-brow joints from now on. I know THEY will be happier if I do !!

I must just be from too far back in the Bojacks of Ar-kin-saw............
"Make 'em leak"

Metz

WYMULEYMAN
2 point
2 point

Post by WYMULEYMAN » Tue Apr 05, 2005 2:31 pm

To say that I stick out in Jackson like a turd in a bucket of milk would be an understatement. I have met some good people in this place, however, the money is always what talks and you know what walks! I can't afford to play in Jackson like I would like to but because of the lack of architecture firms throughtout the state my options are pretty limited, and there is no way I would leave Wyoming so Jackson Hole is where I am.
I get a kick out of "The Cowboy Bar", like you said where are the cowboys. They tend to be more my crowd but that bar is not where you are going to find them.
IT TAKES ALOT OF SACK TO BAG A BIG RACK

wyomingtrophyhunter
Spike
Spike

Post by wyomingtrophyhunter » Tue Apr 05, 2005 2:52 pm

Hey Muleyman, next time you are in Riverton, stop in at "The Boot" located on Main Street. A hoppin' little dive...maybe as hoppin' as Ralff's which is on Broadway, just down from the Thunderbird Motel on Fremont.

All them joints remind me of the Rock-Em-Sock-Em-Knock-Out Bar and Grill in a little town back home.

Great folks, great fun, and great to get out alive !!
"Make 'em leak"

Metz

gypsy hunter
Fawn
Fawn

Post by gypsy hunter » Mon Sep 05, 2005 1:54 am

wyomingtrophyhunter wrote:Yo, Muleyman. I have been tied up with this work thing and haven't had much time to play over here. Like everyone else, I am sitting on pins and needles waiting for July to find out if we drew out tags for the ole Honey Hole up by Thermop.

I hunted the NW Colorado area for many years until my buddy who owned and lived on 300 acres right in the middle of Cross Mountain Ranch got too old for those 600 inch snowfall winters and 30 below temps. We tried to hold on for another year hunting school ground and BLM, but the public lands in that area were just too crowded with idiots that had bad manners and skills.

You are right: the native folks on the Western slope are the finest; we made many good friends out there over the years. I will have to say that I am not that smitten with Steamboat.....maybe it is just that snowbunny culture but those folks were not our cup of tea. Most of them were not natives to the area and their smug arrogance and uppity ways just turned us off. Needless to say, they probably didn't appreciate us Arkies either !! We are a lot better fit in Wyoming where everyone is friendly, down-to-earth, and has good manners. The hunting is a lot better too with less competition, except for the slim chances of getting drawn out for the tags we want. Heck, we are going out there this year whether we draw or not just to hang out. We can always shoot a few coyotes or sod poodles and jacks. Mostly just go to get away and visit our buds out there.

Weather is in the 70s here with a chance of showers tonight. Life in beautiful downtown Ar-kin-saw is lovely. Hope it is equally lovely for the rest of you all.

Later.
we'll be huntin unit 13 and man r there some big boys out there last year we took 4 in two days, that is a great spot.

gypsy hunter
Fawn
Fawn

Post by gypsy hunter » Mon Sep 05, 2005 1:55 am

we'll be huntin unit 13 and man there is alot of deer and big ones at that last year we took 4 in two days