Lets try again, anywhere in Idaho for Mule Deer

Talk anything related to Rifle hunting
Domenic
Fawn
Fawn

Lets try again, anywhere in Idaho for Mule Deer

Post by Domenic » Thu Nov 06, 2003 10:06 am

Any suggestions for a good location to hunt Mule Deer? I hunt whitetails in the Clearwater region (11A) for the last 20 years. My family has land in that zone, but my son wants a mule deer now, his first deer was a whitetail. Any recommendations?

Anonymous

Post by Anonymous » Fri Jul 16, 2004 3:13 pm

:D you should hunt any open hunts in ashton or soda springs area. big dogs on public land.

Anonymous

Post by Anonymous » Wed Jul 28, 2004 9:04 am

Im in the Military so im not from Id so I have been doing the same as you just asking for help in finding quality mule deer. What ive heard so far is the awahies are know for thier mulies hope this gives you a start.

IdahoMuley
Spike
Spike

Post by IdahoMuley » Thu Jul 29, 2004 1:11 pm

i got lots of places if u want just tell me wich part of the state u want to hunt in
Muley Man!

YoungBuck
Fawn
Fawn

Post by YoungBuck » Sat Jul 31, 2004 7:04 pm

HallinIdaho,
If you look at the regulations you will see that the Owyhees are a forked horn only general season. Unless you have a late buck tag going down there after a big buck with more than two points might get you in alot of trouble. The deer population in the units have dropped to probably an all time low over the last few years with this forked horn only season as well....so finding a big buck is like finding a needle in a haystack...they are still there I can tell you that but I wouldnt put my money on the general season to find a big buck....unless it is a forky.
If you like archery try the unit 39 late buck hunt....it starts in early december and runs to the end of the year almost....lots of deer and a chance at a real hog if you find the best spot.
YB

Anonymous

Post by Anonymous » Thu Aug 12, 2004 10:55 am

Like I said YB i just started hunting here in idaho so i could be wrong but I can read regulations just fine and also drew for my deer tag in unit 44 hunt 1023 I guess your going to tell me thier are no deer thier also becuase like I said ive just been asking and getting info were I can and I was told thier are big bucks thier also.

Anonymous

Post by Anonymous » Sun Aug 22, 2004 10:18 am

Hallin
Unit 44 is a good spot for deer. If you can get away from the 4-wheelers you should get into some deer. I was just up there last weekend scouting for elk. Good luck on your hunt.

Highcountry