hunting Bullets

Talk anything related to Rifle hunting
J0n
Spike
Spike

hunting Bullets

Post by J0n » Sat Aug 19, 2006 6:52 pm

I was thinking of using my old winchester model 94 30-30 this fall to try and bring a little more excitement to the general deer hunt. I've had it out to the range a couple times this year and havn't had any trouble getting it to shoot. 3" groups at 150 yards is pretty standard. Ive been shootin remington 150 GR bullets. I was wondering if anyone out there had tried Hornady's new Lever Revelution bullet's and what you thought about them/ how they did. I know alot of deer have been killed with the 30-30 but I've never shot one with mine so any other favorite 30-30 loads or stories of how it performs on game would be great Thanks.

AGCHAWK
Monster
Monster

Post by AGCHAWK » Sat Aug 19, 2006 9:41 pm

JOn, I've never used the bullets in question but wanted to say that huntin' with the winchester model 94 30-30 was a blast. I used the same rifle for my first three years in the field. In fact, I too have been thinkin' about breakin' it out again. I'll stick with my 30-06 or .270 for Mulies but am really contimplating using the 30-30 for my whitetail hunt.
Good luck my friend and hopefully someone here can answer your question.

zatarain6
3 point
3 point

Post by zatarain6 » Sun Aug 20, 2006 9:03 pm

from what i have read and seen of them , they are suposed to be the best bullet to come along for lever action rifles . good penetration , better accuracy and energy for better shot groups . done some research on them since i have a marlin 30-30 . go to hornadys web site and check them out if you have not done so yet .