Salmon Idaho Hunting

Talk anything related to Rifle hunting
IdMDHNTR
Fawn
Fawn

Salmon Idaho Hunting

Post by IdMDHNTR » Tue Jun 08, 2004 1:09 pm

Just wanted to see if anyone hunts in the same country that I do. Its beautiful up there and tough in some places.

LIVE2HUNT
Spike
Spike

Post by LIVE2HUNT » Fri Jun 11, 2004 2:43 pm

I HUNTED UNIT 27 LAST YEAR FOR ELK AND DEER. I WOULD HAVE TO SAY, THE STANLEY BASIN IS ONE OF, IF NOT, THE MOST PERFECT PLACE ON EARTH! WE WENT IN (UNIT 27) OVER LOON CREEK SUMMIT. AFTER HIKING IN ABOUT 7-8 MILES, WE CAME ACROSS 2 MULEY BUCKS THAT WE WATCHED FOR 3 DAYS. THEY ONLY GOT UP TO RELEIVE THEMSELVES, AND ADJUST THEIR SPOT TO STAY IN THE SHADE. THE LITTLE PATCH OF BRUSH THEY LIVED IN WAS COMPLETELY INACCESSIBLE. SHEAR CLIFF ABOVE, AND BELOW. FROM BOTH SIDES, IT WAS STEEP, LOOSE ROCK. BUT THEY WHERE STILL REALLY COOL TO SEE.

Anonymous

Post by Anonymous » Tue Nov 09, 2004 4:59 pm

I hunt mule deer in 14 when i draw. seen some very large mule deer in the very steep salmon river canyon there by white bird. but only accessable by walking and unless u want to pack a deer for days i wouldnt shoot one there.

IdahoMuley
Spike
Spike

Post by IdahoMuley » Wed Nov 10, 2004 8:24 pm

i heard on the ranches in 14 they hide some big bucks! iam putting in for it next year
Muley Man!

Anonymous

Post by Anonymous » Fri Nov 12, 2004 4:18 pm

yes i have heard that some ranchers in 14 hide some big deer. the one i know who does so is a guy with the last name of wolf that owns some land in white bird. also someone down in the riggins area does the same. but the big one still are in the salmon river canyon