Ammo

Talk anything related to Rifle hunting
IdahoMuley
Spike
Spike

Ammo

Post by IdahoMuley » Thu Sep 01, 2005 4:36 pm

Dose any one use Winchester super silver tip bullets? how do they compare to hand loads. some one told me they couldnt tell the differnce. thanks
Muley Man!

RidgeRunner_07
Fawn
Fawn

Post by RidgeRunner_07 » Thu Dec 29, 2005 3:41 am

This year was the very first year I came into contact with the Winchester Supremes. My brother and I picked up some shells for our rifles (a .243 Win) I bought the winchesters and brother bought some Remington core-loct. Then of course by the time hunting season got here he was outa shells and had reloaded the remington cases. We shot some practic rounds to make sure our guns were on. Then off we went. My brother snached a couple of my Winchesters and shot the first legal white-tail buck he seen. The 100 gr bullet passed through his throat and after a few flops he was done. I later retreived my bullets and sent him on his way with a hand full of hand loads. He was lucky and drew a 2nd doe tag for stevens Co. and shot a big doe in almost the ecact same spot he did the buck. There was virtually no differance in the proformance of these bullets. The Handloads were 100 gr Hornady HP's.
-"Life is too short to own an ugly gun"
Bo Overmyer