keeping at it

Talk anything related to Shed Hunting
Wild Antlers
2 point
2 point

Re: keeping at it

Post by Wild Antlers » Thu Mar 05, 2009 1:21 am

I went out this afternoon and only found one year old three point, the wind was blowing so hard i couldnt see, or stand up strait ](*,)
WILD ANTLERS

AGCHAWK
Monster
Monster

Post by AGCHAWK » Thu Mar 05, 2009 8:38 am

And that stopped ya?!?! lol

AntlersOutWest
4 point
4 point

Post by AntlersOutWest » Thu Mar 05, 2009 8:58 am

Wild Antlers-- At least you found one!
My best friend and I went out yesterday looking.. I couldnt believe how bad the wind was blowing! We jumped on the razor and headed up the hill. You couldnt see from watery eyes and your nose wouldnt stop running. It was mostly flat ground but tall sage brush. You could bearly keep your balance from the strong wind, maybe a little cowboy koolaid didnt help either tho :) But it was a good time even tho we didnt find a horn. Found a dead beaver and got attacked by a fighting rooster... lol
~Sneekee~

kinzysdad
3 point
3 point

Post by kinzysdad » Thu Mar 05, 2009 9:19 am

[quote="AntlersOutWest"]Wild Antlers-- At least you found one!
My best friend and I went out yesterday looking.. I couldnt believe how bad the wind was blowing! We jumped on the razor and headed up the hill. You couldnt see from watery eyes and your nose wouldnt stop running. It was mostly flat ground but tall sage brush. You could bearly keep your balance from the strong wind, maybe a little cowboy koolaid didnt help either tho :) But it was a good time even tho we didnt find a horn. Found a dead beaver and got attacked by a fighting rooster... lol

Boy if you didnt set that up for some very bad jokes lol
when the crow dips, you have luck sometimes maybe.

wildantlerman
3 point
3 point

Post by wildantlerman » Thu Mar 05, 2009 10:13 am

AntlersOutWest, you needed more cowboy koolaides to make it easier to walk straight with the wind. LOL lol JK, looked like a good time.

Wildantlers, where were you last night, need to bring down them antler sets we found so we can WAM them up for the ISE show next week have a lot to get done. Call me...
Wes
Wild Antler Creations - Custom Built Antler Art and Furniture
Wild Antler Magic - "Bring'in Back Bone"

AntlersOutWest
4 point
4 point

Post by AntlersOutWest » Thu Mar 05, 2009 10:32 am

Speaking of WAM.. Ive done a few old hard white sheds. Maybe Im picky but the small cracks tend to stick out to me.. Do you use any method to cover these cracks or have any advise?
Thanks, Carrie

MULIES4EVER
3 point
3 point

Post by MULIES4EVER » Thu Mar 05, 2009 10:34 am

Me too. I have tried filling the cracks with lots of stuff but haven't got it quite right yet. Still experimenting. Any advice?

wildantlerman
3 point
3 point

Post by wildantlerman » Thu Mar 05, 2009 12:32 pm

First off you will not get ride of the cracks, the WAM will fill the cracks and when you take off the WAM gently remove from the area the cracks are. When you spry the antler with the clear coat it will hold the WAM in place. You also can spry a little clear coat around the area that has the cracks and littly sand the antler with the WAM will it is still wet and this with help hold the WAM into the cracks after it dries. Other than that hope you all like what WAM does and how it makes you antlers look. If you come up to the ISE show I can explain in person and show a little demo for you all.

Thanks
Wes
Wild Antler Creations - Custom Built Antler Art and Furniture
Wild Antler Magic - "Bring'in Back Bone"

Wild Antlers
2 point
2 point

Post by Wild Antlers » Thu Mar 05, 2009 12:39 pm

Hey carrie, Yes the cracks can be frustrating, we wish this product fixed cracks too but it dont, the best thing to do with the cracks is to use some fine grit sandpaper and sand down where its cracked and let the hord dust work into the cracks, this should help out a little bit , hope this helps ya out ! if you need any more help just let us know, keep up the good work and good luck!! :thumb
WILD ANTLERS

Wild Antlers
2 point
2 point

Post by Wild Antlers » Thu Mar 05, 2009 12:42 pm

AGCHAWK wrote:And that stopped ya?!?! lol
No that didnt stop me but Im gonna blame it on not finding much lol
WILD ANTLERS