Re: Shed Hunting Ethics

Post by BIG R » Thu Apr 09, 2009 6:11 pm

This is real what? Jibberish!

BIG R
4 point
4 point

Post by BIG R » Thu Apr 09, 2009 6:27 pm

I guess these guys figured it out finally.They took something with tracks on it and no trailer so you couldnt let the air out of the tires or take there reciever. :))

BigBoneZ
Spike
Spike

Post by BigBoneZ » Thu Apr 09, 2009 9:36 pm

Maybe so but where there is a will there is a way, and if they decide to bring that thing shed hunt'n to my back yard and i can catch them i'll find a way. lol

Wild Antlers
2 point
2 point

Post by Wild Antlers » Fri Apr 10, 2009 2:20 am

I too was in the area where buckfeverhunter took these pictures and it was shocking too see the destruction it caused, this used to be an area where 20-30 bull elk wintered every year and not to my suprise I only seen one elk in this area and it was obvious that whoever was in this machine was looking for something, it was obvious they were shed hunting they just happened to drive past every rub and it was obvious they were following elk tracks so im pretty much 100% sure that they were looking for something and it definetely wasnt a road they were looking for so what else would they be doing :-k they didnt just go in a straight line they grid tracked the whole area just like the four wheelers do without a care in the world plowing down anything in the way! the destruction covered a ton of area, it just sickens me too see what people are willing to do to find a shed, oh and big R this isnt jibberish this was as real as it gets, you would have to see it to believe it, it was bad!! :>/
WILD ANTLERS

BIG R
4 point
4 point

Post by BIG R » Fri Apr 10, 2009 6:03 pm

I saw the pics and I agree it looks real bad.I just cant see anybody going out in a piece of equiptment like this to shed hunt.It seems odd that somebody would take something like this out knowing its big and not capable of out running somebody especially in an area where it sounds like alot of people shed hunt.I dont know anybody dumb enough or willing to go to that extremefor some bone.It could have been many things like the forestry dept or a survey crew.

Wild Antlers
2 point
2 point

Post by Wild Antlers » Sat Apr 11, 2009 2:19 am

Big R, I thought the same thing when i first heard about it but when I actually seen it I believed it, the time of year when this person was in there there were probably not many people in this area and I dont think that trucks, or four wheelers could have got into this area ,and maybe thats why they brought in the big stuff, I wish i was wrong about this but I really do think somebody actually got away with it and I am assuming it was someone from a ranch that is close to there because I cant see anybody going too far with a big machine like that, BTW I have been running heavy equipment for about 10 years and from the looks of the tracks it looked like it was from a front end loader or something like that, not a snow cat, I can just imagine how easy it would be to shed hunt in something like that you could see over every cedar its just too bad they got away with it. It is very hard to believe, Im not one to be easily convinced, and id bet if you actually seen it and seen the path they took you would believe it, as dumb as it sounds .Its sad that people are stooping to these levels to pick up sheds :>/
WILD ANTLERS

NONYA
Monster
Monster

Post by NONYA » Sat Apr 11, 2009 7:17 am

Idiots will do anything,but even the most idiotic snow cat doesnt leave damage like that,nice to see someone who knows what they are talking about and saw the tracks come foward and set the story straight.We own a d2 cat and those tracks look exactly like a d2 or 4 cat leaves behind. :thumb