kickin myself for taking my friend along

Talk anything related to Shed Hunting
AntlersOutWest
4 point
4 point

kickin myself for taking my friend along

Post by AntlersOutWest » Wed Apr 22, 2009 2:14 pm

I usually go shed hunting alone but have been taking my friend along once in a while. Its nice to have company (Or to have someone else be lion bait lol)
I usually don’t find a lot of sheds in this area but when you do they are huge. I had no idea this buck was in there until I heard “Care come look at this” I walked up and about died.. Its last years shed and could not find the other side before we ran out of daylight.
The pictures do not give him justice. He is heavy, huge eye guard, 8 countable points with 2 broken off not accounted for. I wanted to CRY
I am literally sick to my stomach just thinking he could have been mine. I went up last night looking for the other side and came across what I believe to be his shed from the year earlier..
And then yesterday to have my friend tell me that he doesn’t think it’s a good idea to go shed hunting together anymore .. That’s just lovely.. Now he knows all my spots and probably going to beat me in there.. Thanks bud.. Men need I say more..
I could care less about finding his other side.. Im more concerned in finding his fresh set from this year.. I cant imagine how big he was ..
I'll have to post better pictures If I get to see the shed again..

Wild Antlers
2 point
2 point

Re: kickin myself for taking my friend along

Post by Wild Antlers » Wed Apr 22, 2009 2:36 pm

Dang thats a sweet shed If you still havnt found the other side ill be happy to help you out when I get back from texas in september :thumb
WILD ANTLERS

MuleyMadness
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MuleyMadness » Wed Apr 22, 2009 3:36 pm

Wow, Wow, Wow, what a shed! I know how hard you work...sorry you didn't find it. Should have taken a girl and she would be kind enough to give it to ya. :)

Hope you find some more! 10sign:

TeresaHunter
Fawn
Fawn

Post by TeresaHunter » Wed Apr 22, 2009 4:18 pm

AWSOME Shed!! Good luck on finding his fresh set!

Wild Antlers
2 point
2 point

Post by Wild Antlers » Wed Apr 22, 2009 4:21 pm

I would have given it to ya !! it would have been tough though :) Thats pretty strange he just all the sudden decided you shouldnt shed hunt together anymore! Maybe he just realized hes not going to be able to keep up with ya anymore :))
WILD ANTLERS

heshen
2 point
2 point

Post by heshen » Wed Apr 22, 2009 6:02 pm

Awesome Shed... Good luck finding the other side and years..

Too bad about your friend. You have to be careful who you have for hunting partners and sheddin partners for sure.. Im sure all of us have learned that the hard way. Thats why if you find some great ones, you keep them close and you all have respect for eachother.

fatrooster
3 point
3 point

Post by fatrooster » Wed Apr 22, 2009 8:00 pm

That is one sweet shed! I wish you luck finding this years sheds and the other side. fatrooster.

NONYA
Monster
Monster

Post by NONYA » Wed Apr 22, 2009 8:08 pm

Sweet shed!Just remind him that if you catch him in one of your spots you showed him he will be looking for new tires,not sheds.When you take someone to one of your hunting spots there is an unspoken rule,"DONT S^%$ ON ME FOR SHARING MY SPOT WITH YOU!" :-k

killerbee

Post by killerbee » Wed Apr 22, 2009 9:10 pm

NONYA wrote:Sweet shed!Just remind him that if you catch him in one of your spots you showed him he will be looking for new tires,not sheds.When you take someone to one of your hunting spots there is an unspoken rule,"DONT S^%$ ON ME FOR SHARING MY SPOT WITH YOU!" :-k
i agree. i've been boned in the past :>/ bout as low as you can go IMO. if someone was nice enough to take you there, don't go back unless invited...
on the complete other side [just my opinion] hey if i'm on public land, AND I ABSOLUTLY FOUND AN AREA JUST SCOUTING ON MY OWN, if it happens to be someone honey hole tough-sheet!
AOW,hope you find this years set for a good revenge!

BIG R
4 point
4 point

Post by BIG R » Thu Apr 23, 2009 8:31 am

NONYA wrote:Sweet shed!Just remind him that if you catch him in one of your spots you showed him he will be looking for new tires,not sheds.When you take someone to one of your hunting spots there is an unspoken rule,"DONT S^%$ ON ME FOR SHARING MY SPOT WITH YOU!" :-k
Just like Nonya said it goes without saying.Hope you find the complete fresh set to cap it off :thumb