AZ Shed Hunting

Talk anything related to Shed Hunting
ElkHunter
Fawn
Fawn

AZ Shed Hunting

Post by ElkHunter » Thu Jul 06, 2006 11:39 am

I was wondering if anyone would be willing to help me out on a place to start shed hunting in Arizona for elk or deer sheds.

Thanks

Utahbowhunter
Monster
Monster

Post by Utahbowhunter » Thu Sep 21, 2006 3:36 pm

no one will tell you any good places! they want the sheds for themselves! like me i wont tell anyone!

Wild Antlers
2 point
2 point

Re: AZ Shed Hunting

Post by Wild Antlers » Sun Sep 24, 2006 9:01 pm

ElkHunter wrote:I was wondering if anyone would be willing to help me out on a place to start shed hunting in Arizona for elk or deer sheds.

Thanks
arizona strip
WILD ANTLERS

hound_hunter
Monster
Monster

Post by hound_hunter » Sun Sep 24, 2006 9:47 pm

from what ive been told the strip is accualy pretty tough... Sure there's some incredible bucks out there and they all shed sometime (well 99.999% anyways) so there are some big sheds out there, but its a pretty big and remote area that you gotta look in too if im not mistaken.. lots more walkin and searhcin there with fewer results compared to other places.

again, this is just what ive been told by people who hunt it every year - maybe thats just to keep me outa the party but who knows, lol.

i wish i could tell ya where to go but im as lost as you are - sorry, and good luck

UTmonsterslayer
Fawn
Fawn

Post by UTmonsterslayer » Wed Jan 31, 2007 3:01 pm

i walked 32 consecutive miles on the strip(on a few trips), without finding a single horn. and that is in areas where i know ther are deer and have found sheds before. few and far between. it is tough.