Shed Hunting Ethics

Talk anything related to Shed Hunting
MuleyMadness
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Shed Hunting Ethics

Post by MuleyMadness » Mon Apr 06, 2009 10:59 am

You guys cannot assume that everyone on atv’s are out harassing the herds and think you need to take action in letting the air out of their tires, take plate numbers and post them on the internet, steal their ball receivers ect.. Man that’s low.. I would be pissed if that happened to me while I was out not doing a dang thing wrong..
As far as you know they are probably out having a good time with their families not doing anything wrong..
Well said, agree 100%

Good points made by all.

antler08
Spike
Spike

Post by antler08 » Mon Apr 06, 2009 9:27 pm

I too use my atv, and enjoy it very much, where it is allowed and legal. What really gets my goat is when i find wheelers or tracks of atv's in areas where there is NO established trail, zig zagging the side of the mountain every twenty feet! For those individuals, if ya get turned in or if something happens, in my opinion you got it coming! Come on people, use common sense, most of us are born with it. However, with what i have seen this year, not everyone was lucky enough to recieve it.

BigBoneZ
Spike
Spike

Post by BigBoneZ » Wed Apr 08, 2009 4:07 pm

I think antlersoutwest misunderstood what i was talk'n bout, i also have an atv and i also use it the RIGHT WAY on the roads and would hate to have them banned everywhere just because of some people who cannot stay on the roads. I really enjoy my atv. The ones that every shed hunter who spends very much time out and bou is talk'n bout is the ones that pick an area and grid it out. And i agree with wildantlerman cause i have also turned in poachers and nothing happened. I'm not just going round pick'n out random truck/trailer set ups and point'n fingers. It's not that hard to tell if the truck/trailer and guy doing it are the same, you can usually track them right to their truck/trailer. And if ur not doing anything wrong then what ya got to worry bout? If anyone wants to take a pick of me when there the one doing something wrong I'll do them one better and leave my name and info and if they dare find me their even dumber than i thought.

TeresaHunter
Fawn
Fawn

Post by TeresaHunter » Thu Apr 09, 2009 12:11 pm

I am appauled by those people that break the law and take there ATV's off roads and established trails. I to am also going to do my part in protecting our wild life and also not to metion our habitat. The less habitat, the less wildlife. This makes our land look disgusting with all the people that disrespect our lands. Everywhere I go shed hunting there are trails from wheelers, motor bikes, and in this picture I am posting,.... I dont know what it is but it is a huge machine like a snow cat or a bull dozer. This just sickens me!! Just think what the land would look like in just a few years if this continues to happen? This machine was everywhere and it just ran down anything in their way, even full grown trees. I hope everyone that also beleives this is wrong, to do your part in protecting our land and wildlife and take names, pictures, video or whatever it takes to get these people that are breaking the law to STOP!!!
Attachments
This is a big machine like a snow cat or a bull dozer.
This is a big machine like a snow cat or a bull dozer.

TeresaHunter
Fawn
Fawn

Post by TeresaHunter » Thu Apr 09, 2009 12:18 pm

Here is another pic.
Attachments
0308091231.jpg

TeresaHunter
Fawn
Fawn

Post by TeresaHunter » Thu Apr 09, 2009 12:21 pm

Another tree down!
Attachments
And another
And another

killerbee

Post by killerbee » Thu Apr 09, 2009 1:35 pm

holy*&% even with all the talk, i would have never imagined THAT kind of destruction. that is amazing how someone would be o.k. with doing that.

BigBoneZ
Spike
Spike

Post by BigBoneZ » Thu Apr 09, 2009 4:33 pm

Well as much as the local officials in the ares this is happening would like it to stop they just dont have the man power or resources, we all know this. Really how many BLM and DWR guys do you see when ur out? A few for sure but they cannot be everywhere at once, and they rely on sportsman to take care of the places and things they are privlidged to enjoy. If ur to lazy to take care of it then ur a very poor sportsman. Report or stop these guys if it's within ur power, for real.

BIG R
4 point
4 point

Post by BIG R » Thu Apr 09, 2009 5:38 pm

I dont think many if ANY people take there snow cats or personel dozers out for your daily shed hunt.

TeresaHunter
Fawn
Fawn

Post by TeresaHunter » Thu Apr 09, 2009 5:59 pm

Check out the post for "I now understand the need for an ethics course" and get the facts. This is real!!!