The day I got hooked on shed hunting.

Talk anything related to Shed Hunting
MuleyNut
Fawn
Fawn

The day I got hooked on shed hunting.

Post by MuleyNut » Tue Dec 02, 2003 8:20 pm

I have been antler Hunting and obsurving muledeer since I was six years old I am know twenty. And in that time I have found and seen some awsome bucks and had some fun times antler hunting. But nothing compares to the day i first fell in love with the sport and O what a sport it is, i love it. It was a hot summer day and i went with my dad and his friend arrow head hunting and on the way up the 2 track rode i started to see horns laying every were ,literly and my dad told me to pick up some huge ones that were laying buy some cedar trees but i didn't want to because it was to easy. So i set of on my one to find some sheds. At only 6 years old and it being my first time i didn't know what to expect. I searched for about 5 hours and odly enough didn't find any thing in those days nobody antler hunted at lest not much. It wasn't tell i got back to the ridge above the truck when there it was my first match set it was a small nontypical needles to say i was hooked for life. So i started begging my dad to take me out again the next weekend. And finally the next saturday rolled around and we were off to find sheds. My dad told me that the horns we find we are going to sell to the China men but thats not why i did it i did it because it was fun to see the horns on the ground. It wasn't shortly out of the truck that we started finding horns one being a huge three point match set still brown. I kept looking and found more horns, when my looking took me to this big ditch surrounded by cliffs when i noticed a huge dead buck below a cedar so I climbed up and got it. The buck had points going all over on its rack(can't remmber how many points but there was a bunch) it was about to years old and my dad said to leave it it was to old so i did not knowing i would regret it the rest of my life. All together we found about 150 horns that day and i will remberer it the rest of my life.

Utahbowhunter
Monster
Monster

Post by Utahbowhunter » Tue Dec 05, 2006 5:47 pm

i wish there were still horns like that laying everywhere. My dad went hunting a long time ago and found a HUGE shed. It was really heavy. He took it but it just killed his arm so he left it. It was giant.

MuleyMadness
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MuleyMadness » Tue Dec 05, 2006 6:00 pm

WOW, nice story. Nothing like the "good ole days" when no one cared to much about sheds. I use to see them a lot more back in the day also.

bigbuck92
Monster
Monster

Post by bigbuck92 » Tue Dec 05, 2006 7:21 pm

great story
Cody
Old hunters NEVER die,they just have better camo.

Torch
3 point
3 point

Post by Torch » Sun Dec 10, 2006 11:00 pm

I really enjoyed the story! It brought back a few memories. I wrote one a while back about the day I got hooked as well. I will have to find it and post it on here.