The shed gals adventure

Talk anything related to Shed Hunting
AntlersOutWest
4 point
4 point

The shed gals adventure

Post by AntlersOutWest » Tue Mar 17, 2009 1:35 pm

Saturday Shedgirl and I met up for the first time to go shed hunting to a secret spot that neither one of has been to.. We come to realize that the secret spot had been picked over in a hurry and only found one old 3 pt. We hiked to the top of the “What looked to be not so steep” mountain and soon found to be stuck on a rock ledge.. Hopeing to find some fresh elk sheds...Not quite such a great idea.. We had quite the adventure.. The highlight was seeing Shedgirl fall through the deep snow.. haa haa :)
We went to a new area and found a few more plus another gps.. figured we hiked about 15 miles that day and was gone for 11 hours..
I feel bad cause im the only one that found sheds that day.. But im sure next time we go she will show me up!
brought back 5 sheds

Wild Antlers
2 point
2 point

Re: The shed gals adventure

Post by Wild Antlers » Tue Mar 17, 2009 1:43 pm

Nice looks like a fun day, keep up the good work, its always nice to meet new people that enjoy shed hunting, good job girls :thumb
BTW that third pic looks familiar found a nice four point there year before last so just be careful not to show your shedhuntin spots in your pics :thumb
WILD ANTLERS

NotEnufTags
Monster
Monster

Post by NotEnufTags » Tue Mar 17, 2009 1:47 pm

Sounds like you had a good time out there. Nice finds. If I'm understanding correctly you've now found three GPS units? Thats crazy. After loosing mine one week and finding it the next, i understand how they end up on the ground, but for you to find more than one is just crazy.
"Some day I'll scout out a monster, spot him while hunting, make the stalk of a lifetime, and have dreams come true. 'Til then I'll be happy with the buck in my cross-hairs."

SHEDGIRL
Fawn
Fawn

Post by SHEDGIRL » Tue Mar 17, 2009 1:48 pm

Yes she kicked my butt Saturday, and so did that mountain!!

lol oh man that pic is embarrasing!! I've never fell so hard so fast! It was a way fun day though, I didn't mind not picking up any bone, cuz I escaped DEATH that day! Just happy to be alive [-o<

AOW- I already got our next "secret spot" picked out, this time I'm pickin somethin up for sure! Get your bag packed lady!
"LOOK WHERE I'M LOOKIN!"

Wild Antlers
2 point
2 point

Post by Wild Antlers » Tue Mar 17, 2009 1:50 pm

are those elk bulls? looks like it but cant quite tell?
WILD ANTLERS

AGCHAWK
Monster
Monster

Post by AGCHAWK » Tue Mar 17, 2009 2:08 pm

DANG IT! I can't see the pics from my work computer! I guess I'll have to wait until I get back from the gym this afternoon.

I'll throw out a preliminary CONGRATS though...you two don't let us down very often!

AntlersOutWest
4 point
4 point

Post by AntlersOutWest » Tue Mar 17, 2009 2:10 pm

Shedgirl- Hope I wasnt too hard on you.. Just making sure you were tough enuf to go to my other places lol ... Yea that was a bit steep and i glad we made it out alive (bearly)
My bags are always packed.. Im ready to go..
Do you want me to take that pict off??

NotEnufTags - Thats only #2... I dried it out but it still will not turn on.. I wonder if I can still download the info on it..?? I find all kinds of stuff while out hiking..

Wild Antlers- no those were just the cows..

AGCHAWK - What.. You cant see the picts.. I bet thats tourture reading about all the monster sheds everyone is finding and not being able to see everyones pictures.. I hope you have a good imagination!

SHEDGIRL
Fawn
Fawn

Post by SHEDGIRL » Tue Mar 17, 2009 2:30 pm

No it's funny lol leave it up there! Want everyone to see that I at least got an "A" for effort!
"LOOK WHERE I'M LOOKIN!"

MuleyMadness
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MuleyMadness » Tue Mar 17, 2009 3:13 pm

Great job girls, you gals are tougher than most guys it seems. Sorry Shedgirl struck out, I'm sure she will redeem herself later. :)

Cool pics thanks for sharing! :thumb

one hunting fool
Monster
Monster

Post by one hunting fool » Tue Mar 17, 2009 4:47 pm

Geez I wish my wife would hike with me for 11 hours. We get out and I don't want to have her hate it so I don't push her to hard. You two are defiantly tougher than most.

Oh and nice finds I love the elk. They are beautiful. I love to find them when I am hiking.
Genesis 27:3
Now take your hunting equipment, your quiver and bow, and go out into the open country and hunt some wild game for me.