My Shed Hunting Buddy

Talk anything related to Shed Hunting
NotEnufTags
Monster
Monster

My Shed Hunting Buddy

Post by NotEnufTags » Tue Aug 18, 2009 10:06 am

I'd just like to take a minute to brag about my son / shed hunting buddy. He just turned eight years old and is a stud of a kid. He loves doing things outdoors with me and is super talented when it come to sports and anything athletic (didn't come from me). Last year we hiked timpanogos on the opening day of the rocky mountian goat hunt. He was seven at the time and practically drug my but up the mountain. The hike gains approx 4000 ft in elev. and was 14 miles round trip.

My neighbor down the street showed us a place thats not too far of a drive to go looking for sheds the other night. Heres a nice heavy two point we found.
2 point atl sized.JPG
2 point atl sized.JPG (113.48 KiB) Viewed 5615 times
Here's all that were found on the evening outing. Small 2 point, spike, small 4 point, large 2 point. I want to thank my neigbor (230+) for taking us to the area.
shed hunting 09 sized.JPG
shed hunting 09 sized.JPG (68.28 KiB) Viewed 5615 times
Here's a pic of my son on his bicycle.
Air Kaden sized.JPG
Air Kaden sized.JPG (87.12 KiB) Viewed 5615 times
Here he is on his dirt bike.
kaden air ttr 90 sized.JPG
kaden air ttr 90 sized.JPG (67.8 KiB) Viewed 5615 times
I'm very much looking forward to the not too distant future when he can start getting tags and hunting with me.
"Some day I'll scout out a monster, spot him while hunting, make the stalk of a lifetime, and have dreams come true. 'Til then I'll be happy with the buck in my cross-hairs."

sawtooth
Spike
Spike

Re: My Shed Hunting Buddy

Post by sawtooth » Tue Aug 18, 2009 10:59 am

My son is two now, and I cant wait to take him out.

sneekeepete
Monster
Monster

Post by sneekeepete » Tue Aug 18, 2009 12:15 pm

Again great post not enough! I sure can't wait for my first little hunter to get hear! :thumb
SNEEKEEPETE
OIF Vet.
Sgt Petersen USMC
Colossians 1:27,28

killerbee

Post by killerbee » Tue Aug 18, 2009 4:12 pm

right on NOTENOUGH!!!! i think to many times dads get caught up in their own hunting, while the kids are younger, to take them out with them. good for you for all the time you share together! i think when you put the effort in taking them hunting when they are young, it will pay off when your old. they will take the time to take their "old man" hunting :thumb

and that bike jump pic is a broken arm witing to happen lol - i know, i guess you cant be to over protective either.
cool post, cool kid

Buckmaster
4 point
4 point

Post by Buckmaster » Tue Aug 18, 2009 4:33 pm

Kids are AWESOME Great job!!

10sign: 10sign: 10sign:
"I love it when a plan comes together"
<-------<<<

My Photo page
http://www.muleymadness.com/gallery/v/m ... uckmaster/
http://www.badlandspacks.com/

MuleyMadness
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MuleyMadness » Tue Aug 18, 2009 5:20 pm

Very cool, I agree kids are great. :thumb

That's a big 2 point shed, you have a great neighbor also. :)

NotEnufTags
Monster
Monster

Post by NotEnufTags » Wed Aug 19, 2009 1:44 pm

I posted this before but thought it would be appropriate in this thread also. This was diner on a Uintas hike last year.
Kaden holdin dinner sized.JPG
"Some day I'll scout out a monster, spot him while hunting, make the stalk of a lifetime, and have dreams come true. 'Til then I'll be happy with the buck in my cross-hairs."

killerbee

Post by killerbee » Wed Aug 19, 2009 4:57 pm

i have a feeling in 10 yrs or so your going to yelling at him to quit skipping school so he can go hunting :)) i did it all the time, and cant say i turned out TO bad. oh and you wont here the end of it when he killes a buck just a little bigger than yours:) but wouldn't that be great!

waynedevore

Post by waynedevore » Thu Aug 20, 2009 7:06 am

That's a good days finds. I think the young man has a great outdoor future :thumb The Dad to.

NotEnufTags
Monster
Monster

Post by NotEnufTags » Thu Aug 20, 2009 9:09 am

killerbee wrote:i have a feeling in 10 yrs or so your going to yelling at him to quit skipping school so he can go hunting :)) i did it all the time, and cant say i turned out TO bad. oh and you wont here the end of it when he killes a buck just a little bigger than yours:) but wouldn't that be great!
Thanks for your comments Killer. Nothing would make me happier than to get a daily ribbing about his trophy mount making mine look tiny as it sits next to mine on the wall.