Bird Dogs?

Ducks, Geese, Turkeys, Quail, Chickens, Grouse, Doves, etc.
choclab
Spike
Spike

Post by choclab » Mon Jun 04, 2007 11:34 pm

Setter's are AWSOME........my 35lb. Setter is a big open dog.....don't let her size fool ya....she can out do most dogs twice her size...I would go with a Setter
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."
--Benjamin Franklin 1759

kadejones2
Monster
Monster

Post by kadejones2 » Tue Jun 05, 2007 3:59 pm

i hyave never heard of a setter do u have a pic

GPWDeer
2 point
2 point

Post by GPWDeer » Wed Jul 18, 2007 9:28 am

My father-in-law has owned a number of GSP's over the past 30 years and every one seems to be better than the last...

I decided to follow suit and bought a solid liver colored male pup two years ago.

A well trained GSP can't be beat for hunting chuckars in my opinion IF you have the time to exercise them REGULARLY. I am talking twice a day regularly. The other trick I think is to get a female. My male is so stubborn and ranges so far that I had to purchase a shock collar. The shock collar has made a tremendous difference in the dogs awareness and concentration, but my male is still nowhere near as easy to hunt behind as the females my father-in-law owns. I will have to give my pup a couple more years and see how he turns out, but lets just say that I will be in good shape after chasing him up through chukar country.
Making the swtich to the strick and string! Watch out!

critter stalker
Fawn
Fawn

Post by critter stalker » Fri Sep 07, 2007 11:53 pm

I know it's a little late but for what it's worth I went for the wiemaraner and she was pointing&retriveing at three months old!I've been very happy!!!