Re: 2008 AZ Strip buck (pics)

Post by The Ox » Sun Aug 24, 2008 7:40 pm

wow great buck! congrats!

silvertip-co
2 point
2 point

Post by silvertip-co » Sun Aug 24, 2008 8:09 pm

Great pics of a great land. Where the heck IS the Arizona strip anyway??? I wanna go there to look around and explore more of AZ but I dont know where strip is.

Thanks.
SVENSKA50@HOTMAIL.COM
NRA LIFE MEMBER

BOHNTR

Post by BOHNTR » Sun Aug 24, 2008 8:42 pm

Thanks much guys for the kind words.....glad you all enjoyed the photos and story. I think Kory, Brady and Garrett (Stripnut) are still out in the field. Good thing, they might have come on here and spilled the beans about how much I was shaking when I was looking at that buck feeding below us! Hopefully Garrett didn't get THAT on video. Or When I RAN over to Brady like a little kid when I spotted the largest tom mountain lion I've seen down a canyon. Good times for sure. lol
Where the heck IS the Arizona strip anyway???

Well sir, it's basically a LARGE piece of real estate (over 1.7 million acres) that sits in the far Northwest corner of Arizona.....North of Lake Mead and the Grand Canyon, East of Mesquite Nevada, and South of St. George, UT, Colorado City, AZ and Fredonia, AZ. There are no pavement roads out there......and no towns, etc. It's desolate country that hold a relatively low population of mule deer.
BOHNTR )))-------------->

Bowhunting Editor-Western Hunter Magazine
Pope & Young Measurer
Boone & Crockett Measurer

Hiker

Post by Hiker » Sun Aug 24, 2008 9:34 pm

Great job on a great buck. Sounds like you guys had him pegged. Congrats to all of you. :thumb Have a great hunt in CO and kill another big one.
Hiker

Proverbs 3:5-6

Huge29
2 point
2 point

Post by Huge29 » Sun Aug 24, 2008 9:44 pm

Very nice, congrats!

silvertip-co
2 point
2 point

Post by silvertip-co » Mon Aug 25, 2008 6:37 am

BOHNTR wrote: Well sir, it's basically a LARGE piece of real estate (over 1.7 million acres) that sits in the far Northwest corner of Arizona.....North of Lake Mead and the Grand Canyon, East of Mesquite Nevada, and South of St. George, UT, Colorado City, AZ and Fredonia, AZ. There are no pavement roads out there......and no towns, etc. It's desolate country that hold a relatively low population of mule deer.

Sounds like a great place I need to check out.

So it's the generally Kaibab, north rim of Grand Canyon area( Teddy Roosevelts huntin place)?
SVENSKA50@HOTMAIL.COM
NRA LIFE MEMBER

oakbrush
2 point
2 point

Post by oakbrush » Mon Aug 25, 2008 6:57 am

Congrats to you Roy. Simply amazing. I knew those guys would put you into some bucks, but that fast? Awesome. Good luck to you in CO. The Pressure is off now and you can just enjoy the Colorado high country :thumb Is that your largest typical?

Jason

BOHNTR

Post by BOHNTR » Mon Aug 25, 2008 7:51 am

Thanks Oak......yeah it was fast.....but I'm not complaining. :)
So it's the generally Kaibab, north rim of Grand Canyon area( Teddy Roosevelts huntin place)?
Well, not quite. It's actually the strip of country West of the Kaibab to the state line.....North of the Grand Canyon / Lake Mead.......directly south of St. George, UT in Mohave County, AZ.
BOHNTR )))-------------->

Bowhunting Editor-Western Hunter Magazine
Pope & Young Measurer
Boone & Crockett Measurer

WYMULEYMAN
2 point
2 point

Post by WYMULEYMAN » Mon Aug 25, 2008 8:24 am

BOHNTR,

Hey man, fantastic deer! Looks like you have started the season with a bang! Good Luck on your high country Colorado hunt. Look forward to seeing some photos when you return. I leave in two weeks for the starter of my season. Two weeks antelope hunting, one guiding a buddy and then one on my own hunt. Followed by a ten day deer season. We have been down a few times scouting the deer and the one that got away last season, that was with the one I ended up shooting looks bigger and badder this year. Can't wait!
IT TAKES ALOT OF SACK TO BAG A BIG RACK

373B&C
Fawn
Fawn

Post by 373B&C » Mon Aug 25, 2008 11:45 am

Great Buck ! Congratulations. Reading the story makes me excited about the 13b Rifle tag I have in my pocket.