Hiker

Proverbs 3:5-6

obxman58
Spike
Spike

Re: All the muley gurus please score my first muley

Post by obxman58 » Thu Nov 13, 2008 7:30 pm

very nice buck!!!!
happiness is a tight line and the wind in my face.

skull krazy
3 point
3 point

Post by skull krazy » Sat Dec 06, 2008 8:58 am

I say mid 170's as well, very nice deer indeed!!

It's also great to see another die hard Denver fan.
Your welcome at my campfire anytime!! =D>
SKULL KRAZY
"No Bones About It"

NotEnufTags
Monster
Monster

Post by NotEnufTags » Sat Dec 06, 2008 7:24 pm

I found myself in your same predicament this year. I've taken buck but never anything that got me excited about finding the B&C score until this year. I shot a 28" 5x6 with good mass and deep forks. I did a google search for how to score a Boone and Crockett buck and came accross several sites that allow you to print a Boone and Crockett Club official scoring system for north american big game trophies. The first sheet is a worksheet to record the various measurments. The second is instructions on how to measure each spread, length, and circumference. It won't be an official score but it will get you very close.

As per gross vs net, I'm all about the gross. With net you lose inches for any thing that is not symetrical. My buck scores 196 2/8" gross but has to be deducted by 7 4/8" to get my typical net score. That drops it to a 188 6/8". It drops because of two cheaters on the left antler and one on the right. 190" net is the magical all time B&C trophy mark. I like the cheaters and the character of a little non symetry. So I'm happily forgoing the all time book and setteling for the awards book which requires minimum 180".

My buck is on the first page under the photo tab. It's the Kevin Johnson buck. Here's a site to try. At the site you can download a PDF scorechart. http://www.boone-crockett.org/bgRecords ... =bgRecords - 15k -

Congats on a great buck. I won't venture a guess on your buck as I thought mine would be in the high 170's while in camp. Just a little off.
"Some day I'll scout out a monster, spot him while hunting, make the stalk of a lifetime, and have dreams come true. 'Til then I'll be happy with the buck in my cross-hairs."

Vongruenegen
Fawn
Fawn

Post by Vongruenegen » Sat Dec 06, 2008 10:59 pm

Good enough to get me arrested during the post - celebration of taking a buck like that...Nice Buck!