Practice?

Talk anything related to bowhunting
maintguy47
3 point
3 point

Re: Practice?

Post by maintguy47 » Mon May 03, 2010 9:23 pm

Been practicing missing more than hitting lately cause myfour year old grandduaghter shoots her bow (plastsic) with me when I shoot in the backyard. It's ok to miss sometimes.

m gardner
Monster
Monster

Post by m gardner » Tue May 04, 2010 6:17 pm

We shoot in the house sometimes. It's 11 yards down the hallway. The wife doesn't do it anymore since she was having trouble with target panic and bounced one into the bathroom and broke a tile in the shower. Ooops. lol
Mark

Springville Shooter
Monster
Monster

Post by Springville Shooter » Tue May 04, 2010 6:24 pm

I quit practicing in the house because I can't get the darned powder burns out of the carpet. JUST KIDDING. But you guys bring back memories of when I used to bowhunt for blacktails and blackbears in Cali. I too shot down the hall and had 12yds. I bet one day I will go through a bow phase again, but only time for guns and fishing right now. Might have to kill an antelope with a bow next for fun.-------SS
"Only accurate rifles are interesting"-----Col. Townsend Whelen

MTQUIVER
Spike
Spike

Post by MTQUIVER » Wed May 05, 2010 10:35 am

I start practicing in March-April and usually shoot 3-4 times per week. As far as broadheads I usually hold off on those until July. I shoot Grim Reapers and they shoot very close to my field points and so very little adjustment is needed.
Jason Yates
http://www.basinarcheryshop.com/
Go Bow or Go Home

ElkTalkOR
Fawn
Fawn

Post by ElkTalkOR » Sun May 09, 2010 7:24 am

If your going to be a good shooter in the field you need to shoot only a couple arrows at a time. If you shoot a mess of arrows at a time you will never make your first arrow the best. I shoot 2-4 times a week during the spring with field tips. When July rolls around I put on my broadheads. I only shoot 2 times a week, 2 rounds at every range. By that time a year your bow shouldn't need any work done to it for the rest of the year. -If it breaks (time to find a better archery shop)-. In Auguest your shooting shouldn't need any adjustments or changes in your style. I only shoot once a week at this point of the year. You need to simulate hunting season. You don't get any practice in the morning before you hunt so why would practice like that. I also practice from 100 yards just to see you arrow flight. I wouldn't shoot from that far at a animal, but practice from long range makes you see things you cannot see at close ranges.