Monster Buck!!!!!!

Talk anything related to Mule Deer
Sponsored by: http://www.muledeermania.com
MuleyMadness
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Monster Buck!!!!!!

Post by MuleyMadness » Wed Sep 01, 2010 3:06 pm

Wow, this looks bigger then the Houdini buck taken off the strip in 08 which scored 322. Take a look, what do you think?
More mass yes to me, but that is about it. Less points, less length of forks, etc.

killerbee

Post by killerbee » Wed Sep 01, 2010 6:08 pm

MuleyMadness wrote:
Wow, this looks bigger then the Houdini buck taken off the strip in 08 which scored 322. Take a look, what do you think?
More mass yes to me, but that is about it. Less points, less length of forks, etc.
Muley madness hit it on the head. and i'm not so sure it's mass is that much greater or if it's the picture :-k

therookie
Spike
Spike

Post by therookie » Mon Sep 20, 2010 10:39 am

The story I heard he was up huntin on the bever mnt with his causin he saw this nice buck then his causin his causin tried kicking him off the mnt he was I think 60 yrd away and his causin was 30 his causin pulled back as he did he let go first puttin him down before his causin

TheGreatwhitehunter

Post by TheGreatwhitehunter » Mon Sep 20, 2010 1:56 pm

Jason Carters statement:

As you probably know, I harvested a great buck this year in Southern Utah just south of Beaver Utah. Somebody (I would love to know who) started a rumor and sent it via cell phone text that I shot the buck out from under another hunter. The rumor is absolutely not true.

We bedded this buck and I stalked to within 35 yards of him and sat on him from 11:30 – 5:30 p.m. He got up a couple times in the thick trees to re-bed but I didn’t have a shot. At 5:30 he got up to feed a bit and I shot him. We video taped the entire hunt including the kill scene. This is the second year that I have hunted this buck. Last year I estimated he scored 215 or so but just couldn’t get the job done. We scored him at 247 gross with right at a 200” 4 point frame. We plan on releasing the story and video in January of 2011.

There was another hunter by the name of Rylan Orton that was hunting with my cousins Daniel (the hunter I supposedly screwed) and Mitch Carter. He wrote the following and Daniel Carter texted it to me directly:

“In regards to the bogus story that has been spread around about this deer and the hunters that had him supposedly shot out from underneath them. I am the hunter that was with jasons cousin. jason and his huntin fool crew just out hunted us. While we went home for a nap jason sat on this deer all day in the sun and when we came back for the evening hunt jason shot this deer while we were on our way in to sit 150 yards in front of us. Jason and his crew did an awesome job and this story that has been going around is just gossip. Please forward to everyone that sends you the blown out of proportion story.”

Also, here is a text from Daniel Carter himself to me(Jason Carter):

“I just wish this all wouldn't have got blown up like this. Welcome to beaver county. You killed him fair and square I hope the best for u. Your a great hunter

I really appreciate those of you who know me well enough to stand behind me. It’s too bad that we as hunters have to defend ourselves against faceless, nameless rumors. This one has spread faster than I have ever seen probably due to the magazine and the size of the buck.

Best of luck to everyone this year! Feel free to forward this email and/or call me with any questions.

Jason Carter
Carter’s Hunter Services
THE LORD IS MY ROCK

TheGreatwhitehunter

Post by TheGreatwhitehunter » Mon Sep 20, 2010 2:09 pm

Although I was not there and I dont know what really happened, I will say I know first hand how crappy it is when someone starts BS rumors about something they know nothing about.

In 2006 a good friend of mine and I hunted Kansas for whitetails and my friend killed a 272 net non typical whitetail which is the 2nd biggest wt ever killed in Kansas. Only one person was allowed to take a photo and within 24 hours it was all over the country and you can just imagine the rumors to boot. It also happened to be that my friend was pro staff member for team real tree and several other companies before he killed the buck. Of course people found this out and made up wild stories about my friend and even started a rumor saying the deer was poached which was NOT true, people were mad that he was a non resident and that he took a giant buck where they did not have permission to hunt but he did.

My friend took the deer 100% legally.

Before anyone passes on what they heard from who ever the source consider the source first and think about how you would feel if your reputation and business would be hurt if someone was to slander your name because someone was jealous of you.
THE LORD IS MY ROCK

a_bow_nut

Post by a_bow_nut » Mon Sep 20, 2010 5:07 pm

It is sad how this stuff can get out of hand. It's funny to watch what people have to say about it before the true story finally comes to light.

Congrats to the hunter on a true trophy.
Live to hunt, hunt to live.

Don't argue with an idiot; people watching may not be able to tell
the difference.

BIG R
4 point
4 point

Post by BIG R » Mon Sep 20, 2010 5:19 pm

+1,Well said GreatWhite :thumb

southwind
Monster
Monster

Post by southwind » Tue Sep 21, 2010 3:38 pm

You wonder anymore if you even want to share your success with fear someone will start a false rumor. It seems I see this more and more unfortunately.

That deer is scary huge!

BOHNTR

Post by BOHNTR » Tue Sep 21, 2010 9:03 pm

One of the most massive mule deer frames I've seen.........I sure hope he sends it to the P&Y panel this Spring......I'll have the opportunity to measure it there. Congratulations to the hunter on a true trophy of a lifetime.
BOHNTR )))-------------->

Bowhunting Editor-Western Hunter Magazine
Pope & Young Measurer
Boone & Crockett Measurer

jls456
2 point
2 point

Post by jls456 » Sun Sep 26, 2010 8:38 pm

Wow! What a nice buck.