what type of daypacks does everybody prefer and whats in em

Talk anything related to Rifle hunting
ARCHER11
2 point
2 point

Re: what type of daypacks does everybody prefer and whats in

Post by ARCHER11 » Tue Sep 28, 2010 12:31 pm

+1 on the badlands packs!
I have the daypack i think its called and my dad has the 2000. Both are good high quality packs! I personally like the 2000 because it hugs your back and isnt too bulky but still manages to pack everything you need and more for a great day of hunting! The day pack is good too though, just depends on what you like. I also have a hawk brand phany pack and it works great if you dont have to much to haul around.
I'm a member of PETA: People who Eat Tasty Animals

Milesaway
Fawn
Fawn

Post by Milesaway » Mon Oct 04, 2010 10:04 pm

I usually carry an Eberlestock JP9 or my badlands 2800, no matter how far I go. The Eberlestock is extremely comfortable and will carry BIG loads. I took my students up Big Cottonwood canyon for a photoshoot with a mountain biker. I carried 45+lbs of studio lights and stands in my JP9 and made it up the trail before the kids!

PhillyB
3 point
3 point

Post by PhillyB » Wed Oct 27, 2010 7:39 am

SchuLace wrote:I have a Timberhawk Rut Buster. Holds everything I need as well as my bow/rifle. I think I paid $70 for it.
I have a Timberhawk Killshot pack. I think it is a great pack. The design utilizes the space well and it is comfortable. But again, the comfort of a pack is in how you load it. A poor quality pack loaded correctly will feel better than a high quality pack loaded incorrectly.

They have a great warranty as well with quick turnaround time. I paid $100 on camofire.com
My buddy just bought my used one (the broken one from the warranty exchange) to use over his Badlands because it distributes weight better.

Just my .02 cents
The right thing to do and the hard thing to do are usually the same thing