Magazines for the troops

Classifieds are for posting a message to sell, trade, request, or buy anything you wish related to hunting. Please no posts to commercial sites for self gain.
War Pimp
Fawn
Fawn

Magazines for the troops

Post by War Pimp » Mon Jul 17, 2006 12:10 pm

First off I want to say hello and thanks to all the people that post on this site. I am new here and enjoy all the stories and pictures. I don't get to a computer often but when I do, I find myself spending way to much time on Muley Madness and not accomplishing what I should be doing, like emailing family and friends. This site is addicting.

Which brings me to my point. I am an American soldier currently deployed in Iraq. The only hunting and fishing I get in, is through web sites like this and magazines. I saw that MuleyMadness was giving away some Eastmans Journals and it gave me an idea. If any of you have any old hunting mags that you are getting ready to toss, I would love to have them.

Thanks

AGCHAWK
Monster
Monster

Post by AGCHAWK » Mon Jul 17, 2006 1:31 pm

WARPIMP, Welcome to the site! Always nice to have another military member on the site.
Man, you sound like me! I had the same problem while enjoying the sandbox. Spent most of my precious internet time on the site instead of emailing the family. It's all cool though, my wife knows me and figured as much. I'm back in the states now (5 months since I returned) and man did I miss the outdoors!
As for your idea...I like it. I know what your goin' through and would be happy to help out. I'll have my wife gather as many of mine as she can dig up. Do ya have an FPO AE address we can send them to for distro?
Guys and Gals here at MuleyMadness, let's see what we can do for our brothers and sisters still over there. I know that the postage may be an issue but I think we can figure that one out. In fact, I think it would be easiest if we did it individually as long as Warpimp can provide a mailing address.
Take care my friend and let us know what else we can do for ya.

Cowdell
Fawn
Fawn

Post by Cowdell » Mon Jul 17, 2006 6:59 pm

Any idea what postage might be?

zatarain6
3 point
3 point

Post by zatarain6 » Tue Jul 18, 2006 12:09 pm

thats a good idea my friend . my brotther is going to be stationed there in a couple of weeks . let me see if i have any old magazines laying aroundand if not , pick up some new ones for you . let me know your address over there and some will be on the way .

AGCHAWK
Monster
Monster

Post by AGCHAWK » Tue Jul 18, 2006 7:54 pm

Once WarPimp can get us an FPO AE address (military mailing address) I will be sending some too.

Cowdell, not sure what the postage will be but I'm gonna do it anyway.

War Pimp
Fawn
Fawn

Post by War Pimp » Wed Jul 19, 2006 5:07 am

Thank you for the replys. My mailing address is

Ryan Miller
C co 54th En Bn
APO AE 09396

thanks

AGCHAWK
Monster
Monster

Post by AGCHAWK » Wed Jul 19, 2006 7:53 am

Thanks man. Expect some packages. Stay safe, kick some A**, and keep in touch.

ABert

Post by ABert » Wed Jul 19, 2006 4:46 pm

Glad to see folks willing to help out the troops. I just finished up my training at Ft Bliss and will heading over next month. I've already turned a few of my troops on to this site and they love it. Of course, they believe the pics of me are Photoshop'd.
It ain't the size of the gun but the placement of the bullet.

Cowdell
Fawn
Fawn

Post by Cowdell » Wed Jul 19, 2006 6:23 pm

I stopped by the post office today and found out you can ship out a flat rate box that is 14"x 12"X 31/2" for under $9. I am able to fit 30 magazines in it. Sound like a great price to me. Maybe if a few people that only have a couple mags. you can get together and put them in the same box. Also, maybe this post could be moved to the general mule deer forum to get more exposure.

COOPERD
Spike
Spike

Post by COOPERD » Wed Jul 19, 2006 8:58 pm

I can send some of my old hunting mags, I also have some maxim and stuff magazines, I can ship out.