Desert Big Horn Hunt

Talk anything related to the above listed big game.
Anonymous

Desert Big Horn Hunt

Post by Anonymous » Tue Aug 10, 2004 6:53 pm

I found an outfitter in AZ, with with 2 Desert Big Horn tags in Sonora, on a private ranch, newly registered. They are only taking 2 heads this rifle season, and boasting 170"s, possibly better. All inclusive hunt, which includes lodging at the ranch, meals etc. 3 guides working with one hunter to locate animals and heads. Price is quoted at $50,000 per tag. I am definitely interested, but have not found an opportunity to hunt Desert Rams before. I'm retired, and I can pay the $50,000, I'm just looking to find out if this seems like a reasonable price for such a hunt?? Thanks

sheephunter
Spike
Spike

Post by sheephunter » Thu Aug 12, 2004 8:42 pm

From what I've read about hunting desert bighorns in Mexico I think that's about the going rate. It's also (to my knowledge) the only sure way to secure a desert bighorn tag.

Anonymous

Desert Big Horn Hunt

Post by Anonymous » Sun Aug 15, 2004 1:23 pm

I do appreciate your input. I have 3 rams to my credit now, and a desert ram would round out a Grand Slam for me, although it has taken most of my life to get here. I have tried for years to get a tag thru drawing and just doesn't seem like I am ever going to be lucky enough. This may be the only way!

Anonymous

Re: Desert Big Horn Hunt

Post by Anonymous » Sun Sep 12, 2004 2:46 am

are you looking for trophy desert ram hunts in mexico

dead shot
Spike
Spike

Post by dead shot » Mon Mar 21, 2005 6:02 pm

if you want the big rams that is about what you will pay. they are hard to get a tag, and if you got the money why not. if i was you i'd do it. :thumb