Looking for a Reliable Quebec Outfitter

Talk anything related to the above listed big game.
Senecaly
Fawn
Fawn

Looking for a Reliable Quebec Outfitter

Post by Senecaly » Wed Feb 25, 2009 1:59 pm

This will be our first Caribou guided trip. I am very overwhelmed right now with all the Outfitters. They all sound so good! So far I found the Mirage, Arctic Adventures, Silak Adventures, High Artic Adventures, etc. Does anyone have any stories or ref. to any of the above outfitters, how good their sorces are, reliability, stand behind their word, will fly you to another site if no movement going on, 100% satisfaction, etc. Please help with some good advice! I am planning a trip for my husband and myself to take this August/September. Unless you know over hunting forums that I can find this info on.

MuleyMadness
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Looking for a Reliable Quebec Outfitter

Post by MuleyMadness » Mon Mar 02, 2009 4:52 pm

Sorry can't help you out myself, hope someone can? Welcome.

couple outfitters listed here, don't know much about any of them though.

http://www.muleymadness.com/hunting-guides/qc/

TheGreatwhitehunter

Post by TheGreatwhitehunter » Wed Mar 04, 2009 1:46 am

One outift is the ony one you need to contact that would be Jack Hume adventures.

He may have the best reputation of any Quebec Labador outiftter up there.

Hunted Caribou several times up in quebec with different outfitts and Jack would be my pick if I ever go back up there.
THE LORD IS MY ROCK

Bear2
Fawn
Fawn

Post by Bear2 » Thu Mar 05, 2009 9:44 pm

Can personally recommend Club Chambeaux. Flew from Montreal to Shefferville (700 miles North) via turboprop 48 seater, then 245 miles NW via Otter float plane to camp.
We were ahead of the migration (first week of September), and had to hunt long and hard, but all tagged two good bulls each, as did the group of twelve ahead of our group of twelve. Some in our group we repeaters. The guides made the hunt, not only did they go all out for us but we became one big happy family. We all hugged (the guides) before we boarded the turbo otter for the trip back to Shefferville. They have a web site; clubchambeaux.com.
Duane

TheGreatwhitehunter

Post by TheGreatwhitehunter » Fri Mar 06, 2009 8:50 am

I have hunted with Club Chambeaux myslef in September of 2001 there a decent outfit. It was a ok hunt there were no Caribou near our camp so we waited the 3-4 days and they flew us out to a small herd of caribou and we were able to take our bulls.

I still would check into Jack Hume adventures before booking with any one else.
THE LORD IS MY ROCK

sheephunter
Spike
Spike

Post by sheephunter » Sat Mar 07, 2009 7:37 pm

I hunted with Jack Hume in 2000 and it was good. The guide who was in camp said he had worked for Club Chambeaux for 1 or 2 seasons and he didn't like them. That being said, you hear of lots & lots of hunters who are happy with CC.

mching
Fawn
Fawn

Post by mching » Tue Jun 09, 2009 9:44 am

Ive heard good things about safari nordik and Mirage. I know people who have hunted both. i have not myself. Safari nordik says they garentee you 1 mature bull or you come back for free. Mirage has helicoptors but the price is a bit more. I personally want to goto safari nordik for my first hunt. both have good websites. Eastmans and several shows have hunted with safari nordik. One of shockeys shows he was hunting with Mirage. good luck