Anyone elses moose, sheep, and goat draw as bad as mine?

Talk anything related to the above listed big game.
David W
Fawn
Fawn

Anyone elses moose, sheep, and goat draw as bad as mine?

Post by David W » Mon May 04, 2009 7:20 pm

I have applied in Montana now for my 31st year in a row for Moose, Sheep, and Goat. Anyone out there as frustrated as I am about not being able to draw a tag? They should make those three special tags once in a lifetime draw for Montana like most states are. As it stands, I could have drawn a sheep tag 7 years ago, and if this was year number eight, I could apply again for sheep and potentially be drawed once more. That isn't right, and there are too many folks eager to have a shot at it. The worst possible scenario to think of my drawing success would be like this. Imagine putting in for just one of those, and that would be equivalent to applying for 93 years in a row without drawing. This is the year!

The Ox
Monster
Monster

Re: Anyone elses moose, sheep, and goat draw as bad as mine?

Post by The Ox » Sat May 09, 2009 1:57 pm

well i hope ya draw one good luck.

NotEnufTags
Monster
Monster

Post by NotEnufTags » Sat May 09, 2009 9:20 pm

I feel for you. After 31 years of applying you probably could have purchased a tag at auction. That's the most trys I've ever heard of. Good luck to you. Eventually you have to draw.
"Some day I'll scout out a monster, spot him while hunting, make the stalk of a lifetime, and have dreams come true. 'Til then I'll be happy with the buck in my cross-hairs."

David W
Fawn
Fawn

Post by David W » Thu May 14, 2009 4:36 pm

Thanks for the words of encouragement guys. My son applied for Moose and Sheep, and it wll be his second year of hunting (13 yrs). Watch that little guy draw! He told me he was going to give me nothing but grief if he draws, and I'm quite sure he will. At least I would get to go, which is something, and I couldn't think of any better person to draw besides a family member or close friend.

treedagain
2 point
2 point

Post by treedagain » Mon May 18, 2009 1:37 pm

14 years and counting for me in utah for desert sheep....BUT i did draw out for rockys my first try 15 years ago...

ICMDEER
Spike
Spike

Post by ICMDEER » Wed May 20, 2009 8:41 pm

It's funny that you are 31 years in and no sheep license. I just drew my first - and likely only sheep license here at home in Wyoming after 32 years. Don't give up hope, maybe 32 is your lucky number as well. That's a lot of years and frustration, but there are others like us. I have another friend who took 32 years and know of another guy here in Wyoming that went 42 years before he drew.

Problem is that as we get older, those mountains get steeper. I told my wife that she might have to push me ina wheelchair in 20 years, but I was determined to keep trying and eventually draw the license. Good luck; your turn will come.