IMPORTANT, sportsmen helping with wolves!!!!!

Talk anything related to predators.
killerbee

IMPORTANT, sportsmen helping with wolves!!!!!

Post by killerbee » Thu Jul 12, 2007 9:49 pm

The US Fish and Wildlife Service is proposing to change the 10 J rule for Wolf Management. This change would allow state game agencies to kill wolves if they are damaging wildlife populations – Even if wolves are NOT officially de-listed. And it will also allow sportsmen and guides to kill wolves that attack pack animals and hunting dogs. As you know, several animals – hounds and pack animals have been attacked or killed by wolves, and currently there is NOTHING that can be done. This 10 J rule change would accommodate this and allow sportsmen to protect themselves and their animals.

The way the law currently reads, even if a wolf attacks your dogs or the horse you are riding, if you defend yourself you are subject to a $10,000 dollar fine and jail time. This proposal would effect Utah, Wyoming and Idaho.

It's time to be heard folks!! Here is what we need to do:

Send an email to this address and tell them you support the change to the 10 J rule for Wolf Management.

wolfrulechange@fws.gov

Have your friends email too, pass this along, those of you that are hanging out on other hounding sites, like Coon sites, the DWR site, any of them... put this link over there and get it passed around. Let's bombard the US Fish and Wildlife and show them hunters opinions matter too!

Here is a sample email, just send something brief and state your position and personalize it by signing your name to it:

Dear US FWS,

As an avid sportsmen, I support your proposed 10 J rule change that will allow states to protect game herds from wolves. I also support the provisions of the rule change, which will allow sportsmen to protect their horses and hounds. Wolves have attacked and killed several hounds and horses in the west, and currently the law provides no provisions to protect these valuable animals.

Game herds in the west are in a large part abundant today because of sportsmen dollars and efforts. Wildlife herds should be protected, just as livestock. I would like to voice my support for the proposed 10 J rule change, and the Wyoming wolf plan.

Thank you.

Just something small or along those lines is perfect. Thanks, this would be a huge victory for hunters and houndsmen in the west. Two minutes of your time would be greatly appreciated and would go a long ways to getting this passed. Spread the word!

Here is that email address again:

wolfrulechange@fws.gov

NONYA
Monster
Monster

Post by NONYA » Fri Jul 13, 2007 12:00 am

Il be first in line to apply for our 2009 tags,my great grandfather was a Govt wolfer,its gonna be great to get back to my roots. :222

AntlersOutWest
4 point
4 point

Post by AntlersOutWest » Fri Jul 13, 2007 1:48 pm

I believe that you should be able to defend yourself and livestock if they start to persue you.

Im not afraid to pack heat! :222 :222

You can count on my email

GPWDeer
2 point
2 point

Post by GPWDeer » Fri Jul 13, 2007 2:20 pm

NONYA wrote:Il be first in line to apply for our 2009 tags,my great grandfather was a Govt wolfer,its gonna be great to get back to my roots. :222
Same here! My great grandfather was a wolfer as well! I hope we get back to that level soon!
Making the swtich to the strick and string! Watch out!

NONYA
Monster
Monster

Post by NONYA » Sat Jul 14, 2007 2:53 am

Here in Mt we CAN shoot wolves we catch harassing or killing our livestock,its one of the new rules our common sense wolf managment guy has put in place,this guy is no BS,he went out and personally shot 4 wolves from a chopper that were killing calves on a MT ranch,things are a changin boys,common sense is makin a come back in the big sky state. :222