ARE "COUGERS" REALLY A THREAT TO HUMANS?????????

Talk anything related to predators.

Should I fear a couger attack???

Poll ended at Sun Sep 23, 2007 3:58 pm

yes
33%
no
44%
depends on state where I hunt or GMU
6%
maybe
17%

Total votes: 18

Coloradobuck
Monster
Monster

Post by Coloradobuck » Sun Jul 29, 2007 1:13 pm

i said no. if we timp them then maby

NONYA
Monster
Monster

Post by NONYA » Sun Jul 29, 2007 1:31 pm

timp? :-k

Coloradobuck
Monster
Monster

Post by Coloradobuck » Sun Jul 29, 2007 1:44 pm

i cant spell good. "push them in to a corrner"

NONYA
Monster
Monster

Post by NONYA » Sun Jul 29, 2007 3:16 pm

You are more likley to be attacked by a lion that is REAL hungry than one who is cornered,they will flee before they attack. :222

MTQUIVER
Spike
Spike

Post by MTQUIVER » Mon Jul 30, 2007 12:40 am

Last year in Idaho I was sleeping in the pines up above 10000 ft during the midday. I woke up to my buddy screaming my name and I sat up to see a cougar 3 yards away. He said he woke up with a strange feeling and opened his eyes to see a cougar face just feet from me. When I sat up the cougar slowly walked away. It was a smaller female but I still think she could have done some serious damage if she grabbed my throat while I was asleep. I don't know what she was doing but it apeared she came from down wind and was not very scared of us. I truly believe she was hungry and looking for an easy meal. But who knows. I never thought they were a threat before and I still don't wander around scared of them but they are great hunters and I hike in the dark a lot and it crosses my mind often when it is dark and I am alone on a scouting trip with no weapon

doeslayer32
Fawn
Fawn

Post by doeslayer32 » Mon Jul 30, 2007 1:28 am

Hey MTquiver I guess I dont know what to say to that besides HOLY SHAT that just goes to show that they arent out to kill humans cause I think if they intentionally hunted us there would be alot more humans dying in california and the other west states I here you about the dark thing I still am that way up in northern minnesota since where we hunt up north there are alot of big bears in the area we hunt not to mention wolves and believe it or not 2 confirmed cougers have been sighted by a local farmer here in minnesota just east of mille lacs lake area kinda nuts what tricks your mind play with you when your walking in the dark or in very thick woods period so is this the only encounter you have ever had with one in your life??? are they moving alot normally during midday I think mostly towards dusk and dawn
VEGETARIAN [OLD INDIAN WORD] FOR BAD HUNTER

THERE IS A PLACE FOR ALL OF GODS CREATURE'S .....RIGHT NEXT TO THE POTATOES AND GRAVY!!!!