Bear for the wifey. Utah/Idaho

Talk anything related to predators.
tkjwonta
Fawn
Fawn

Bear for the wifey. Utah/Idaho

Post by tkjwonta » Sun Jan 24, 2010 10:36 pm

My fiance has always wanted a bear rug for our home, and since I'm a complete amateur I need your help. If I don't draw an archery bear tag in Utah and get to set up a bait site, I'm looking to get an over-the counter Idaho tag. On the good chance that I don't get drawn, can anyone suggest how/where/when I can get an Idaho bruin that I can give to my new wife as her wedding present.

pram-z
Spike
Spike

Re: Bear for the wifey. Utah/Idaho

Post by pram-z » Mon Jan 25, 2010 12:00 pm

Man I don't bear hunt or have a clue where to go, but any woman who wants a bear skin rug is a good thing and your a lucky man. Congrates on the pending nuptuals. You might try Oregon, if they haven't priced themselves out of business, over around the Snake River is a fair bet.

Bryan_e
Fawn
Fawn

Post by Bryan_e » Mon Jan 25, 2010 6:28 pm

We can't hunt bears in Nevada, So if any of you who lives in a state where a Non Res can buy OTC tags and you want to take that NonRes out hunting let me know , cause I really would like to get me a rug!

Springville Shooter
Monster
Monster

Post by Springville Shooter » Mon Jan 25, 2010 8:22 pm

California sells bear tags over the counter and there are still more bears than gun laws in the state represented by an extinct bear. I can help anyone out who wants to go after the kind that still live there. If you are willing to put in foot-miles on the old logging roads, you can score on a DIY bruin. I killed them every year I felt like it.------shooter
"Only accurate rifles are interesting"-----Col. Townsend Whelen

primal215
3 point
3 point

Post by primal215 » Tue Jan 26, 2010 11:31 am

I have a friend in northern California that has bear hounds, and he is always looking for somebody with a tag so he can go chase bears soi if interested let me know

Bryan_e
Fawn
Fawn

Post by Bryan_e » Tue Jan 26, 2010 3:19 pm

That's a no brainer for me, I'm game!

numbnutz
2 point
2 point

Post by numbnutz » Tue Jan 26, 2010 3:31 pm

Oregon has otc bear tags for non-res. The SW oregon tag as well as Ne oregon has great bear populations. we have a spring bear hunt that is a draw hunt or a genearl otc fall bear hunt. non-res tags are limited. You can go to http://www.dfw.state.or.us/ for all the regs. By the way No bait or dogs. but predator calls work great.
lifes short, Hunt hard!!