Can't wait

Talk anything related to predators.
M.Bird
3 point
3 point

Can't wait

Post by M.Bird » Sun Jun 13, 2010 12:54 pm

Getting excited, talked with my guy that tans all my hides, first batch of winter coyotes. He did the first of 15 hides, still have 18 for the second batch but they will all be here mid July, will post pictures upon arrival.

MuleyMadness
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Can't wait

Post by MuleyMadness » Sun Jun 13, 2010 1:59 pm

Nice, curious as to what you do with them after that?

Springville Shooter
Monster
Monster

Post by Springville Shooter » Sun Jun 13, 2010 2:52 pm

I hang mine on an old coat rack with my bobcat hides. Wife hates it, I love it. Hoping to get enough good pelts to make a comforter some day that has fabric on the upper half and pelts on the lower half over your feet and legs. I saw one in a catalog once and even my wife liked it.---------SS
"Only accurate rifles are interesting"-----Col. Townsend Whelen

WinMag
3 point
3 point

Post by WinMag » Sun Jun 13, 2010 6:18 pm

Springville Shooter wrote:I hang mine on an old coat rack with my bobcat hides. Wife hates it, I love it. Hoping to get enough good pelts to make a comforter some day that has fabric on the upper half and pelts on the lower half over your feet and legs. I saw one in a catalog once and even my wife liked it.---------SS
I've always wanted to make a comforter out of red fox. Mange has been a big problem around here for the past ten years and has really cut the numbers and quality. Maybe someday. Our coyotes here are nowhere near the quality of western coyotes. When you get yours finished make sure you post a pic, I would like to see how it turns out.

huntfishnv
2 point
2 point

Post by huntfishnv » Sun Jun 13, 2010 9:34 pm

The guy who does your pelts...how much does he charge per fur?
The Buck Stops Here

M.Bird
3 point
3 point

Post by M.Bird » Sun Jun 20, 2010 10:35 pm

Pelts are done for free, I have to pay for the chemicals (deal is a long story) I will sell most of the pelts, lots of people travel though here for Hot August Nights, Street Vibrations, and other stuff like that.

If there are any I really like I'll keep them hang them from the elk mount, or some thing that will look good.

V/R
M. Bird