Bear Hunting in Idaho

Talk anything related to predators.
heshen
2 point
2 point

Bear Hunting in Idaho

Post by heshen » Mon Apr 04, 2011 12:35 pm

I am getting married next month and the "Mrs. - to be" has always been talking about wanting to go on a black bear hunt. I have been looking into a bear hunt in Idaho for next year. I wouldnt mind bagging a bear myself as well, since I have never hunted bear. She would like to hunt with her bow. (She got a Utah rifle tag for deer last year, and I think that will be her last time hunting with a rifle, which is fine by me. I prefer archery hunting.) My question is, have any of you used or know a quality outfitter, or place we could do a DIY hunt with a bow? I have had friends that go up and DIY with rifles but she is set on archery. When is the deadline to get tags? etc... Any info. anyone has would be appreciated.

Thanks

Capshaw
Fawn
Fawn

Re: Bear Hunting in Idaho

Post by Capshaw » Mon Apr 04, 2011 9:57 pm

I don't know about Idaho but you can buy OTC bear tags in California, They only have fall hunts It's something to check out if you get bear greedy.

grenda
Fawn
Fawn

Re: Bear Hunting in Idaho

Post by grenda » Tue Apr 26, 2011 5:25 pm

You can buy otc tags...Usually not a quota for north idaho. I have hunted them for years with a bow. It depends how much time you have really. If you can stay the length of the season apr 15-may15/30 depending on what units, you can do well and will bag a bear. Plan on baiting a ton, spending a lot of time in a treestand being motionless, and even with all the scentkiller bells and whistels you will still get winded. It's a rush like no other sticking a bear at 17 yds...Any questions feel free to ask!
Grenda
-Big Buck Down!-