bear hunting colorado

Talk anything related to predators.
The Ox
Monster
Monster

bear hunting colorado

Post by The Ox » Sun Jun 24, 2007 12:55 pm

anyone very familiar with how the bear hunting is around rifle or parchute co.
im planning on elk hunting the archery season and just wondering if i dare spend the extra money on a bear tag also. im thinking ill wait and see for this year and if i see any i may just get one next year any info will help thanks

JLROOT
2 point
2 point

Post by JLROOT » Wed Jun 27, 2007 9:54 am

I have tried twice to reply maybe this will get throut
A 'Veteran' whether active duty, discharged, retired, or reserve is someone who, at one point in his/her life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to, and including his life.'

JLROOT
2 point
2 point

Post by JLROOT » Wed Jun 27, 2007 10:44 am

Ox

The Colorado Division of Wildlife has interactive maps on their website that can help you determine the bear population in the areas that you want to hunt.

If you can afford the tag I would get one. Better to have it and not need it then vice versa.

Also you may want to check with the regional office for DOW. There are some fires up around Rifle right now. It has been my expierience that the folks at the regional offices go out of their way to help hunters locate what they are hunting.

Also if you have a side arm (.40 or larger) carry it while you bow hunt. If not get a large canister of bear spray. The incidents of bear/cougar and human encounters seems to be increasing the last couple of years.

I have had 2 encouters with bears where I didn't have any permit, side arm or bear spray. My spray travels with whenever I head out the door now. Since I strarted carrying it I have not had an encounter. The stuff seams to be a repelant haha.

Good luck and check your 6 frequently.
A 'Veteran' whether active duty, discharged, retired, or reserve is someone who, at one point in his/her life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to, and including his life.'

speedgoat
Spike
Spike

Post by speedgoat » Mon Jul 02, 2007 12:52 pm

Its worth mentioning that the concentration maps are from person reports, not collar data. I don't know how true it is but I know from my own experience for the area we hunt elk it is pretty darn close.

The Ox
Monster
Monster

Post by The Ox » Mon Jul 02, 2007 6:33 pm

you can carry a sidearm during the archery hunt huh. i thought so but wasnt sure. thanks fro the info guys... well i can only afford the tag if its a fair chance at getting one so ill look it up. i will have to check into the fires around rifle thanks.