HAS ANYONE ELSE EVER SEE A GRIZZLY WHILE HUNTING COLORADO???

Talk anything related to predators.

how many have you seen ?

No votes
No votes
No votes
3+
100%

Total votes: 1

doeslayer32
Fawn
Fawn

HAS ANYONE ELSE EVER SEE A GRIZZLY WHILE HUNTING COLORADO???

Post by doeslayer32 » Thu Jul 26, 2007 5:19 pm

Just wonderin if anybody else has ever seen a grizzly in Colorado cause according to DOW there is none in Colorado [BS] whats stopping them from coming in 3 years ago my cuz and his buddy were glassing for elk when his buddy said I dont see any elk but I see a huge bull [aka beef] at the botttom of the canyon on my side and my cousin went over to take a look and to his surprise it was a grizzly on a kill they watched it for a half hour and then as it started to get dark they headed out and on their way out they noticed the bear was heading the same direction they were going through some scrub oak and this happened around the colbran area and it was no BS cause I know when he's pulling my leg and then I asked his brother and he confirmed it was true. have anyone else seen one and if so where in colorado??? :333
VEGETARIAN [OLD INDIAN WORD] FOR BAD HUNTER

THERE IS A PLACE FOR ALL OF GODS CREATURE'S .....RIGHT NEXT TO THE POTATOES AND GRAVY!!!!

Coloradobuck
Monster
Monster

Post by Coloradobuck » Sun Jul 29, 2007 1:14 pm

accualy they have spotted a "grizzly" in aspen. but there might be some in the most northern part of the state.

doeslayer32
Fawn
Fawn

Post by doeslayer32 » Sun Jul 29, 2007 4:24 pm

Thanks Coloradobuck not real sure where aspen is located never been to Colorado ever and cant wait to see such an awesome place in October hey could you have any info on units 33, 41,42 or 421 in general for bucks if you do PM me and we ca chat in private about this any help would be greatly appreciated Thanks
VEGETARIAN [OLD INDIAN WORD] FOR BAD HUNTER

THERE IS A PLACE FOR ALL OF GODS CREATURE'S .....RIGHT NEXT TO THE POTATOES AND GRAVY!!!!

Sneaky
Spike
Spike

Post by Sneaky » Mon Jul 30, 2007 9:46 pm

Alot of the old time cowboys claim to have seen grizzlies all over Colorado in the late 1800's and early 1900's. A pinto colored grizzly gained quite a notoriety around Norwood, CO in the 30's or 40's. I think the last documented kill of a griz was in the Weminuche Wilderness in 1979.

Coloradobuck
Monster
Monster

Post by Coloradobuck » Wed Aug 01, 2007 5:33 pm

the last grizzly to be killed in colorado i belive was by teddy rossivelt only a few miles from where i live.

Hiker

Post by Hiker » Wed Aug 01, 2007 8:54 pm

Actually the last Grizzly that was killed in Colorado was in 1979. It was a old sow that attacked a bowhunter and he ended up getting ripped up pretty bad but eventually killed it will a arrow by stabbing it, over and over again. If i remember correctly, it was in the San Juan mountains.

Here's a interesting link....
http://www.outdoors-411.com/news/wildli ... -bear.html
Hiker

Proverbs 3:5-6

silvertip-co
2 point
2 point

Post by silvertip-co » Tue Aug 14, 2007 9:23 pm

Hiker wrote:Actually the last Grizzly that was killed in Colorado was in 1979. It was a old sow that attacked a bowhunter and he ended up getting ripped up pretty bad but eventually killed it will a arrow by stabbing it, over and over again. If i remember correctly, it was in the San Juan mountains.

Here's a interesting link....
http://www.outdoors-411.com/news/wildli ... -bear.html
Thats correct. The hunter that was attacked in '79 was a Durango area mailman. This yr 3 grizz were spotted on east side of Independence Pass. Theyt were spotted by long time hunters who hunted AK many times and know grizz. The DOW helicoptered the area for three weeks with no sightings. I figger the grizzlers prolly moved south to grizzly canyon.

The reason states dont acknowledge stuff like grizz in CO and cougars in PA is because if they do the will have to take r.e.s.p.o.n.s.i.b.i.l.t.y and assume r.i.s.k. Something the state (incorporated) is not ever willing to do readily.

But the DOW does good work and has great folks working for them.
SVENSKA50@HOTMAIL.COM
NRA LIFE MEMBER

southwind
Monster
Monster

Post by southwind » Tue Aug 14, 2007 10:28 pm

I have not...but....My cousin who is a tremendous fanatical native coloradian hunter came across one on the eastern slope a few years ago. If he says it was a grizz than believe me it is so.

Kansas for years did not reconize the existence of mountain lions here until one year we had three confirmed road kills. One was a young male with a radio collar. He had been collared some 600+ miles from Kansas.

About a decade ago we had a Siras Moose travel across the state that had originated in Wyoming.

A few years back in 2004 I think was the year of all the fires in Colorado we had several decent herds of elk wander into western Kansas from Colorado.

I took pictures of a young mulie buck some 30 miles from the Missouri border.

My point to all this is all these big game animals can and will travel extreme distances. So, to think that there is not grizzlies in Colorado I believe is either naive or aggenda driven on the part of the department.

TheGreatwhitehunter

Post by TheGreatwhitehunter » Mon Aug 20, 2007 5:34 am

Have not seen one here myself but they claimed to have been reported sightings of one in 2005

It could just be a big colora phase black bear someone mistaken for a grizz becuase they did not know better
THE LORD IS MY ROCK