Where to get a big polar bear or brown/grizzly bear hide?

Talk anything related to predators.
woyciee
Fawn
Fawn

Where to get a big polar bear or brown/grizzly bear hide?

Post by woyciee » Fri Sep 07, 2007 4:36 pm

I am from Brazil and always wanted to own a big polar or brown/grizzly bear rug or rugable hide, i would like to ask for help on getting one of those amazing specimens at a fair price. I heard the prices are very good with Inuit people and at some auctions but as i am far i would need assistance to buy one. Down here we only have big cats as jaguars, cougars, other smaller as ocelots, some deers, capibaras and so on. The big trophies are cats and one or other big snake. Some African lions from captive as well but those are not trophies, just specimens to be taxidermized. if anyone is interested on a trade or to help me out to buy one of those real big bears i would apreciate it very much. E-mail me please. Thanks, Ed.

bigbuck92
Monster
Monster

Post by bigbuck92 » Fri Sep 07, 2007 5:12 pm

it would be funner to go on a hunt for one :)
Cody
Old hunters NEVER die,they just have better camo.

woyciee
Fawn
Fawn

Great for sure!

Post by woyciee » Sat Sep 08, 2007 6:00 pm

Are you talking about the bears or the cats? Unfortunatelly the big bear´s hunts are too expensive for me, i could afford a black bear hunt but not a Brown or Grizzly or Polar bear hunting trip. The cat´s hunts are common to me, we go after those big cats at least 3 times a year and i can tell you one thing: They are huge and fast!!! An average size runs between 220 to 350 Lbs and the big ones are from 350 to 440 Lbs. Those trips are combos with great fishing and we also get other games(usually non-dangerous) in the way. We do overbait and/or with dogs. Its a great experience and as a biologist i can tell you that the cats populations are much higher than authorities says, to check if its true all that anyone has to do is to come down here and take a walk at the cats territory, also ask around on farms, ranchs and bush people. Authorities here don´t want to do their job, they simply forbidden hunt and keep the butt on the chair at the office, that´s the sad truth here! We hunt anyway, not large quantities but 3 or 4 a year, of course respecting breeding seasons that sometimes happens 2 times a year. Best regards

TheGreatwhitehunter

Post by TheGreatwhitehunter » Mon Sep 10, 2007 1:33 pm

A grizzly rug will run you about 3000-5000 dollars and polar bear rug will be 18000 or more thats what I have seen them going for in most place even in Alaska . Now some places get these animals from Zoo's and have have made in rugs there is a shop in Estes Park Colorado that sells these rugs and have a Polar bear there for sale.
THE LORD IS MY ROCK

younggun
Spike
Spike

Post by younggun » Wed Sep 19, 2007 1:54 am

there is a tannery close by that does alot of bear hides he's got 3 polars and i think 2 grizzly right now. I'm in canada Vancouver canada.
I've climbed 2 mountains. Found this guy, camped out on top of the world. I'm goin to get that ram. Thoughts of a commited sheep hunter. Work the next day, who cares, wife or girlfriend, THANK GOD! i'm hunting sheep and not at home.

sagebrush
Spike
Spike

Re: Where to get a big polar bear or brown/grizzly bear hide

Post by sagebrush » Sun Jun 15, 2008 6:26 pm

THIS IS AN EASY THING TO DO... ITS NOT HARD...

1. YOU HAVE THE INTERNET...USE "GOOGLE"

2. CHECK EBAY