Favorite Coyote Calls?

Talk anything related to predators.
DeadI

Favorite Coyote Calls?

Post by DeadI » Sat Dec 29, 2007 10:36 pm

Sorry it this has been discused before. Just wanted to find out what you guys favorite coyote calls are, closed or open reed, howlers, or electric calls.
Deadi

bigbuck92
Monster
Monster

Post by bigbuck92 » Sat Dec 29, 2007 10:51 pm

closed reeds easier to learn but you can have a higher variety of noises made with an open reed but i also love my howlers made by Rick Robins and Rich Cronk
Cody
Old hunters NEVER die,they just have better camo.

brn2hunt
4 point
4 point

Post by brn2hunt » Sat Dec 29, 2007 11:03 pm

open reed :thumb you can howl with them and distress call
"Ne A La Chasse"

Buck Fever
3 point
3 point

Post by Buck Fever » Sun Dec 30, 2007 9:40 am

I prefer a open read mouth call. I've used the closed reed before, but if its really cold out they tend to freeze up. The moisture off your breath will collect inside call and keep it from preforming properly.
Must be mentally focused at all times!!

MontanaMonkey
Fawn
Fawn

Re: Favorite Coyote Calls?

Post by MontanaMonkey » Sun Jan 06, 2008 5:18 am

I like open reen because they are so versatile. I have never seen it work, but my uncle takes his hound out with him when she is in heat, and uses howlers. He says the scent is what really brings em in. I wouldnt doubt it, because I have seen him come home with 11 yotes in a day twice, hunting by himself. I think some people can just make a howler work really well, but he swears its the dog.
Take your kids hunting and teach em right.

utahpredator_7
Spike
Spike

Post by utahpredator_7 » Mon Jan 07, 2008 10:15 pm

Custom calls are the best IMO. I have mostly open reeds because of the versatility in the pitches. My howlers for the most part don't double as distress. As customs they are to specialized to sound good as both. Closed reeds are good to have since they're so easy to blow. I only have one closed reed right now.
We should let druggies overdose, gays get married, and in a couple generations there would be no more democrats!

DeadI

Post by DeadI » Mon Jan 07, 2008 10:21 pm

utahpredator_7 wrote:Custom calls are the best IMO. I have mostly open reeds because of the versatility in the pitches. My howlers for the most part don't double as distress. As customs they are to specialized to sound good as both. Closed reeds are good to have since they're so easy to blow. I only have one closed reed right now.
So do you mind sharing with us what calls you like, have or use.
Deadi

GPWDeer
2 point
2 point

Post by GPWDeer » Tue Feb 12, 2008 10:29 am

I think it is interesting that none of you like the electronic calls. Just reinforces my pending decision to return the Johnny Stewart and get a couple good mouth calls and put the rest of the money toward the RHINO GPS/RADIO that I want.

GPWDeer
Making the swtich to the strick and string! Watch out!