Cat Food.

Talk anything related to predators.
kinzysdad
3 point
3 point

Cat Food.

Post by kinzysdad » Thu Mar 12, 2009 4:29 pm

I was watching a "muzzy" hunting show today. One of the guides mentioned that after they skinned the big Tom that they had shot, they were going to quarter the cat for the hunter. He claimed its like pork and very good? Have any of you eaten a mountain lion? (???)
when the crow dips, you have luck sometimes maybe.

NONYA
Monster
Monster

Re: Cat Food.

Post by NONYA » Thu Mar 12, 2009 4:33 pm

Its ok,kinda sweet tasting.

wingmaster36
2 point
2 point

Post by wingmaster36 » Thu Mar 12, 2009 6:21 pm

My dad has smoked a couple of bobcats. I remember one year he threw a huge 4th of July party and fed all of our family bobcat. I thought my aunt was going to die when she found out. This is also the same man who when he and his brother was a feuding was throwing dead skunks under his house. My dad is one different kind of redneck. Back to the subject. It's edible, but just not my thing to eat a carnivore.
"The things that are over my head are under God's feet." Adrian Rogers

BIG R
4 point
4 point

Post by BIG R » Thu Mar 12, 2009 6:27 pm

I have eaten alot of it and it is very tasty,especially the back straps :thumb

AntlersOutWest
4 point
4 point

Post by AntlersOutWest » Fri Mar 13, 2009 8:12 am

[quote=This is also the same man who when he and his brother was a feuding was throwing dead skunks under his house. [/quote]

OMG I cant quit laughing...

Ive never tried it..Why not.. Everything tastes like CHICKEN right??

sneekeepete
Monster
Monster

Post by sneekeepete » Fri Mar 13, 2009 9:01 am

I don't know where you all buy your chicken but any chicken that tastes like snake, turtle, rabbit, squirrel ect. just isn't right. lol As far as cat goes it does have almost a sweet taste and isn't bad at all.
SNEEKEEPETE
OIF Vet.
Sgt Petersen USMC
Colossians 1:27,28

JLROOT
2 point
2 point

Post by JLROOT » Fri Mar 13, 2009 2:17 pm

Ok, I now know what to do with my lion. If and when I ever get one [-o< [-o< [-o<
A 'Veteran' whether active duty, discharged, retired, or reserve is someone who, at one point in his/her life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to, and including his life.'

wingmaster36
2 point
2 point

Post by wingmaster36 » Fri Mar 13, 2009 2:51 pm

AntlersOutWest wrote:
This is also the same man who when he and his brother was a feuding was throwing dead skunks under his house. [/quote wrote:
OMG I cant quit laughing...

Ive never tried it..Why not.. Everything tastes like CHICKEN right??
That's my dad. He's a real dandy.
"The things that are over my head are under God's feet." Adrian Rogers

AntlersOutWest
4 point
4 point

Post by AntlersOutWest » Fri Mar 13, 2009 6:39 pm

I know of a guy who once had his living door open during the evening in the summer to let cool air in and heard a noise behind him.. To his surprize a skunk came thru the open door, we went a grabbed his shot gun and blasted it away in the middle of the living room.. Not to mention the mess he had to clean up but the pleasant odor it left behind.. You could always catch a wif of peppy le~phew long after that happened while walking in the front door.lol

killerbee

Post by killerbee » Fri Mar 13, 2009 6:47 pm

that reminds me of a funny story. one year in new mexico the guides were on an off day, no hunters, and the camp cook was out of town for the day. we had the door open to the lodge to cool it down and was watching a hunting video. all of the sudden we look over and in walk a skunk and heads right under the camp cooks bed. do you know how hard it is to coax a skunk out from under a bed in a bedroom on the oposite side of the house from the nerest door?? we had a pump up bb gun and would only pump it once and sit back in the other room and try to just hit the skunk enough to spook it out. it took hrs. but finally he came out the same way he came in. even though he didn't really spray, they still leave an awfull smell wherever they go. try explaining to the cook when she got home why her room smelled like skunk?? lol