mountain lion in town

Talk anything related to predators.
muleystalker01
2 point
2 point

mountain lion in town

Post by muleystalker01 » Wed May 17, 2006 4:58 pm

Game, Fish and Parks officials say they had no choice. They say an adult mountain lion living and hunting within the city limits of Rapid City is a situation that's simply too dangerous to be tolerated. Big game biologists shot and killed an adult mountain lion in Rapid City Tuesday morning. It was a female that had been sighted over the weekend along with two cubs. It was roaming a neighborhood in southwest Rapid City along Penrose Place. It had killed a deer in the neighborhood, and Game, Fish and Parks officials say it had drug the carcass across a backyard, under a swing-set, and into a brushy area. The place where it was killed is right in the middle of an up-scale residential area, not far from Corral Drive Elementary School. The female had two cubs about eight months old, one of which was captured this past weekend. The G,F & P hunters are trying to capture the other cub alive as soon as they can. They say they have a zoo lined up that will take the young animals.

MuleyMadness
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MuleyMadness » Wed May 17, 2006 5:04 pm

Sounds like they made the right call to me.

Hiker

Post by Hiker » Thu May 18, 2006 11:51 am

Yes, when these urban areas outlaw deer hunting and such, they bring these problems upon themselves. If I were a cougar, I'd live and hunt where my food lived. We have a overpopulation of deer in Boulder County and that is where we have the biggest people/cat problems. Matter of fact, a young boy was attacked by a cat a few weeks ago in the Boulder area.
Hiker

Proverbs 3:5-6

ghostdoghunter
Fawn
Fawn

Post by ghostdoghunter » Wed Aug 16, 2006 9:51 pm

Yeah great that they got it out of town but I think the zoo was a bad choice. There is plenty of open land to release the cubs.

Is there a lion problem in Iowa?? I never would of expected there numbers to be to high there.

ghostdoghunter
Fawn
Fawn

Post by ghostdoghunter » Wed Aug 16, 2006 9:56 pm

hiker,

You guys have all kinds of problems in Boulder. Its all the tree hugging hippies that are to blame. They outlaw hunting but then cry when there BMW gets wrecked by hitting a deer or when there kid gets attacked by a cat. I heard that theres a huge praire dog problem too.

bigbuck92
Monster
Monster

Post by bigbuck92 » Thu Aug 17, 2006 12:23 am

i seen some of them tree hugging hippies in dinosaur a few weeks ago. just makes ya want to get a paint ball gun and get popping them till they leave :) :) :)
Cody
Old hunters NEVER die,they just have better camo.

Hiker

Post by Hiker » Thu Aug 17, 2006 9:01 am

ghostdoghunter, Boulder is one of the most liberal places in America, probably a close second to Cal-Berkley. Prairie Dogs all over, they protect them. :-k ](*,)
Hiker

Proverbs 3:5-6

bigbuck92
Monster
Monster

Post by bigbuck92 » Thu Aug 17, 2006 12:16 pm

oh ya this is random but did you hear that they got the guy who killed jobennet ramsey. i think thats how ya spell it
Cody
Old hunters NEVER die,they just have better camo.

TheGreatwhitehunter

Post by TheGreatwhitehunter » Sun Aug 20, 2006 7:18 pm

The People in Boulder put up a fence to try to keep the Paire dogs in Boulder county like they wont go under the fence :-k
THE LORD IS MY ROCK