a great mixed bag

Ducks, Geese, Turkeys, Quail, Chickens, Grouse, Doves, etc.
one hunting fool
Monster
Monster

a great mixed bag

Post by one hunting fool » Tue Dec 01, 2009 7:50 pm

So my dad came 400 miles to hunt with me on the last week of the Phez hunt and we got talking and decided to spend the first part of the morning chasing ringnecks and trhe rest chasing Huns and Chucker.
We let one rooster get away. and saw more chucker than i have ever seen. we only managed to get 4 but thats cause we couldn't shoot. :)
we had more fun that i have ever had hunting. and best yet it was with my Dad.
here is Sadie with the birds boy is she tired
my dad and me
view from the top

I hope i get more trips like this. it could have only been better if my boys could have made it.
Last edited by one hunting fool on Tue Dec 01, 2009 8:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Genesis 27:3
Now take your hunting equipment, your quiver and bow, and go out into the open country and hunt some wild game for me.

Springville Shooter
Monster
Monster

Re: a great mixed bag

Post by Springville Shooter » Tue Dec 01, 2009 7:52 pm

That pic in the middle is pretty cool. I miss my dad sometimes. This is the part of hunting that you can never explain to a liberal no matter how hard you try. Congrats to you and your dad....and your worn out pup.----shooter
"Only accurate rifles are interesting"-----Col. Townsend Whelen

JLROOT
2 point
2 point

Post by JLROOT » Wed Dec 02, 2009 10:06 am

Great story and pics.

Brings back a lot of memories about hunting with my dad and our lab. Get as many memories as you can when ever you can. I still take my dads shotgun out with me on the first hunt of the year . Makes me feel like he is there.
A 'Veteran' whether active duty, discharged, retired, or reserve is someone who, at one point in his/her life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to, and including his life.'

MuleyMadness
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MuleyMadness » Wed Dec 02, 2009 2:37 pm

Looks like fun. :thumb

Top Gun
Spike
Spike

Post by Top Gun » Wed Dec 02, 2009 8:45 pm

There you go! Congrats.

one hunting fool
Monster
Monster

Post by one hunting fool » Thu Dec 03, 2009 12:44 pm

thanks all. I sure lovd hunting with him. its been a few years. he gets into the "hunting is a rich mans sport" kick and doesn't get a tag for a few years then i talk him into it again. He had his eyes fixxed and this year he is really getting into the hunting. I guess he was to proud to say he wasn"t hunting cause he couldn"t see the deer or birds anymore. Now he is back on target..
Genesis 27:3
Now take your hunting equipment, your quiver and bow, and go out into the open country and hunt some wild game for me.