Chukars

Ducks, Geese, Turkeys, Quail, Chickens, Grouse, Doves, etc.
kchesley
Spike
Spike

Chukars

Post by kchesley » Wed Sep 25, 2013 5:08 pm

Ok so Chukar hunt begins Saturday. I haven't seen any of them around the Southwestern part of the state. I really want to get in to some this year. I had no problem finding them when I lived in Tooele County but down here they seem to be scarce. Any advice on where to go look that is close would be greatly appreciated. I see they are releasing 1000 but quite the drive to the Price/Emery area for birds. Thank you in advance

gizmo1
2 point
2 point

Re: Chukars

Post by gizmo1 » Wed Sep 25, 2013 8:16 pm

I wish I could help but I can't. Good luck, chukars are one of my favorite birds to hunt.
Romans 13: 1-4

one hunting fool
Monster
Monster

Post by one hunting fool » Wed Oct 02, 2013 12:52 pm

better take up quail hunting. My dad lives in LaVerkin and has for over 30 years and has never seen a chucker down there. he traps all winter and covers a lot of ground and ends up coming north twice a year to hunt the birds with me
Genesis 27:3
Now take your hunting equipment, your quiver and bow, and go out into the open country and hunt some wild game for me.

kchesley
Spike
Spike

Post by kchesley » Tue Oct 15, 2013 9:56 pm

I hear ya there. I have heard them by the tortoise area but never seen them. The kid that comes and sprays the house for bugs limits out on Utah hill. I don't get it. I know of 8 guzzlers up on Utah Hill and have checked around them and nothing but I hear them. Wish I lived up north still. Thx