WIRELESS CAMERA SHOOT PICTS TO YOUR COMPUTER VIA SAT PHONE

Dedicated to Trail Cam's
muledeerrock
Fawn
Fawn

WIRELESS CAMERA SHOOT PICTS TO YOUR COMPUTER VIA SAT PHONE

Post by muledeerrock » Sat Jul 21, 2007 11:48 pm

IS THIS THE NEXT STEP.........FOUND A WEB SITE SELLING SAT PHONES W/ ALL EQ NEEDED TO SET UP 14 CAMERAS AND HAVE ALL SEND PHOTOS TO YOU AT HOME.......WHATS EVERYONE THINK ABOUT THIS!!!!!!!!! WHILE EXPENSIVE TO SET UP THE COST COULD BE MADE UP IN A HURRY IF YOUR ON A HOT SPOT GUIDING........

killerbee

Post by killerbee » Sat Jul 21, 2007 11:58 pm

they would have to be SPACE SATILITE transmitted [ ihope i spelled even 1 of those words right????????] most of my spots i use a camera i arn't[ :)) ]
even close to get cellular phone servis?????????????

muledeerrock
Fawn
Fawn

yes sattelite Phones

Post by muledeerrock » Mon Jul 23, 2007 9:32 pm

yes satellite phone work like GPS in way.......think of it you could cover a nasty black patch of timber high on a chute and when its lunch or dinner time see what comes out to eat or be eaten shot straight to your computer screen......i know they have got software you can hook up to only turn the camera on and zoom in when the species you prefer comes into view......soon to be available to the general hunter and you can be any where in the world and watch a chosen specific area that you have scouted and the daily activity around it ......14 cameras can be looped together per system

johnyutah5
2 point
2 point

Post by johnyutah5 » Tue Jul 24, 2007 5:39 pm

I think this is the type of thing the Boone and Crockett affidavit was trying to discourage in statement III.

III. Use of electronic communication devices to guide hunters to game, artificial lighting, electronic light intensifying devices (night vision optics), sights with built-in electronic range-finding capabilities, thermal imaging equipment, electronic game calls or cameras/timers/motion tracking devices that transmit images and other information to the hunter;

The link to the entire page is as follows:

http://www.boone-crockett.org/huntingEt ... tingEthics

Something to think about anyway....

79Ford
Monster
Monster

Post by 79Ford » Sun Jul 29, 2007 5:50 pm

I like the idea as far as just using it for a game camera, however what is to stop someone from getting a satelite uplink from their laptop while hunting one area and watching all their 14 cameras in differnt areas in live mode. Or even having a "spotter" sitting at home spotting deer for them from anywhere in the world and then getting the info via cell phone. Seems to me it would no longer be a fair chase situation, but as just a trail camera I love the idea.