bull #3 on the hit list

Dedicated to Trail Cam's
alliance
Fawn
Fawn

bull #3 on the hit list

Post by alliance » Thu Aug 16, 2012 4:47 pm

So the area my tag is good for is showing signs of a really good year. Cam is getting some monster bulls on it and this may be my year for a 400" bull. I'm definitely seeing some.

I haven't decided yet if this is the #3 or #4 bull on my hit list but either way here's a preview of what the area has. I've only seen the #1 and #2 candidates in daylight hours since starting scouting. These bulls are totally nocturnal and aren't showing themselves much. I'm just hoping they stay in my unit at this point and that noone pressures them too much. In addition this water hole is starting to dry up and is toatlly dependent on rain. If the rain goes then im screwed. However this water was found in the middle of nowhere and is a pretty good pack back in so at least I have some sort of hope that it isn't known by too many people. [-o<
big6_3.jpg
[-o<

derekp1999
4 point
4 point

Re: bull #3 on the hit list

Post by derekp1999 » Thu Aug 16, 2012 8:43 pm

Nice looking bull. I can't imagine what #1 & 2 look like.
I have to ask... what's with blacking everything else out?
“The consequences of our actions are always so complicated, so diverse, that predicting the future is a very difficult business indeed.”
-Albus Dumbledore

MuleyMadness
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MuleyMadness » Fri Aug 17, 2012 7:03 am

If that's bull #3 then YES your in for a great hunt. Because not sure how anyone wouldn't be happy with that type of bull.

Welcome and best of luck.

Turokman123
2 point
2 point

Post by Turokman123 » Fri Aug 17, 2012 10:50 am

derekp1999 wrote:Nice looking bull. I can't imagine what #1 & 2 look like.
I have to ask... what's with blacking everything else out?
To hide #1 and 2 lol. Probably to hide his spot. Nice picture!
2010 Strother SR-71 390 grain arrow @ ~60# >-------> 298 FPS with 74.6 KE. Slick Trick Army.
"Is it elk season yet?"

Mularcher
4 point
4 point

Post by Mularcher » Fri Aug 17, 2012 2:45 pm

Yeah #3 would be my #1, Good Luck
“If you are not working to protect hunting, then you are working to destroy it.” Fred Bear

alliance
Fawn
Fawn

Post by alliance » Sun Aug 19, 2012 11:27 pm

no theres a guide in the area and hes kina on to me. The number one bull has a main frame like that bull but his beams are longer and hes about 45" inside spread but has some serious kickers on top. I figure about 25" of extras on top of a frame pushing 400. I blacked it out because if the other guide sees these pictures he might know which water hole these guys are hitting. I may have some better pics to show you guys sooner than you think. then I will disclose the full story. Im just excited at this point to finally be hunting a 400" bull for once. sorry for the vaguesness but I just wanna keep this thing as quiet as possible.

derekp1999
4 point
4 point

Post by derekp1999 » Mon Aug 20, 2012 1:58 pm

alliance wrote:no theres a guide in the area and hes kina on to me...
sorry for the vaguesness but I just wanna keep this thing as quiet as possible.
Gotcha. Gook luck keeping it quiet if you're posting up pics yourself!
“The consequences of our actions are always so complicated, so diverse, that predicting the future is a very difficult business indeed.”
-Albus Dumbledore

alliance
Fawn
Fawn

Post by alliance » Mon Aug 20, 2012 8:15 pm

he knows theres a guy in the area but he has no idea who. I just don't wanna post pictures with very distinguishing marks. That picture has a mark that anyone familiar with the area would know right where that pic was taken.