Arizona Elk pictures

Dedicated to Trail Cam's
Azhunter
Fawn
Fawn

Arizona Elk pictures

Post by Azhunter » Tue Jun 21, 2005 7:27 pm

These pictures are from Unit 5B North
This first one left me with about half a roll of him of just him. My pictures are set at about one minute delay, and I had over 11 pictures of him in the same position, with his front legs switching. :-k I call him "The Ham." Enjoy!

These pics were taken in just one week.(Sunday night to Sunday morning) I'm planning on putting this camera back up there this weekend. When I get the pics back I will post them as well.
Last edited by Azhunter on Fri Jul 29, 2005 8:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MuleyMadness
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MuleyMadness » Tue Jun 21, 2005 7:33 pm

SWEET!
Love the pics. What type of game came are you using?
Can't wait to see what you get this next time.

Azhunter
Fawn
Fawn

Post by Azhunter » Tue Jun 21, 2005 7:51 pm

Not bad for a first try, huh? LOL

I'm using a 35mm Stealth Camera, that was on sale at Sportsman's Warehouse in December or so for $80 or so. Since then I have been considering a 2.1 pixel digital one from the same company. That way if "The Ham" shows back up I can get rid of some of his pics that are the same. The one I'm looking at now also takes 10 sec. videos. :thumb

MuleyMadness
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MuleyMadness » Tue Jun 21, 2005 7:59 pm

You gotta go digital. :)
I have one digital cam. I'm going to build another one here soon. Hope to get them both set up shortly and then get some sweet mule deer pics and maybe some bull elk also?

Azhunter
Fawn
Fawn

Post by Azhunter » Tue Jun 21, 2005 8:04 pm

I wanted to go digital right off the bat, but was scared that my $300 + camera might be stolen while out there so I went with the 35mm. But now that I have seen the quality of a 35mm, and since the prices have come down quite a bit, digital is the new way to go. I will continue to use the 35mm though in high traffic areas that may disclose it's location. #-o

Arch
Spike
Spike

Post by Arch » Wed Jun 22, 2005 9:44 am

those are some sweet photos im looking to buy one of those and im going digital because where i hunt they run cows and i know half the pictures will be cows and more cows so i figure i don't want to pay the money to develope crappy film. id rather just delete them off the computer. keep the pictures coming! :thumb

ARCH

Azhunter
Fawn
Fawn

Post by Azhunter » Wed Jun 22, 2005 9:10 pm

Arch, if you don't go digital, try to find a smaller photo shop. Ussually these little shops with only develop your negitives, and then let you come back later to make prints of the ones you want. Of course you still loose money, but it's a thought for those with the 35mm.

Arch
Spike
Spike

Post by Arch » Sun Jun 26, 2005 11:05 pm

yea i never thought of that thanks

Azhunter
Fawn
Fawn

Post by Azhunter » Sun Jul 17, 2005 6:36 pm

Well, after two weeks I got one photo of "my" bull, and 20 other photos of a guy on a quad riding up and down the road that has signs every fifty yards saying that it is closed to motor vehicles. I talked to the GFD and they want the photos of the guy and the quad to see if they can catch him. But the one photo I did get made the two week wait well worth it for me. Any of you guys (gals?) hunting 5B better leave this bull alone... he's spoken for. :P

Arch
Spike
Spike

Post by Arch » Mon Jul 18, 2005 11:57 am

oh man nice pic i need to get one of those cameras quick