SD - MicroSD card memory/camera question

Dedicated to Trail Cam's
BONER
Spike
Spike

SD - MicroSD card memory/camera question

Post by BONER » Sun Aug 16, 2009 8:52 pm

So I just ordered my first camera, a Stealth Cam I590 (on sale at cabelas for $89) along with a regular 1Gb SD card.

So then I borrowed a buddy's stealth cam to try out for a spell.

I tried using my cell-phone's Micro-SD card (with adapter of course) in the Stealth Cam and couldn't get it to even turn on. Pulled the card and the camera works fine. . . install SD card and camera turns off.

I was thinking that If I could use my MicroSD in the adapter then I could just use my phone to check pics in the field easy . . . . but I am thinking it wont work now. . .

Has anyone else tried this out with any success?
"GOD, GUNS, & GUTS made America - Lets keep all three!"

nuttinbutchunks
2 point
2 point

Re: SD - MicroSD card memory/camera question

Post by nuttinbutchunks » Tue Aug 18, 2009 6:45 pm

There is obviosly a compatibility issue with that setup. And unless your phone reads JPEG format pictures, it won't read the card once pictures are taken. Anytime I need tech stuff I alwasy go to this website:
newegg.com
Here ya go:
http://www.newegg.com/product/ProductLi ... =SD%20card

My guess is the camara doesn't like the adapter.
You can stand me up at the gates of Elko and I won't back down!

Terdog
Fawn
Fawn

Post by Terdog » Tue Aug 18, 2009 7:27 pm

Try cleaning off the card-(wiping all the data) and then
trying it. One unit is not always compatible with another.

SD Cards are cheap just buy a couple full size.

T.
Mathews Switchback-Easton Arrows-Muzzies!
Winchester Rifles
Pentax SLR-Tamron Lens
Cuddeback-Gets the shots that others don't

nuttinbutchunks
2 point
2 point

Post by nuttinbutchunks » Tue Aug 18, 2009 9:14 pm

Terdog wrote:Try cleaning off the card-(wiping all the data) and then
trying it. One unit is not always compatible with another.

SD Cards are cheap just buy a couple full size.

T.
Yeah, that might work too. Some of them won't work with pictures from another camara on them.
You can stand me up at the gates of Elko and I won't back down!

goindeep
Fawn
Fawn

Post by goindeep » Tue Aug 18, 2009 10:14 pm

I had a similar problem with my stealth cam this year. It worked fine without the sd card. when I inserted the card the counter went to zero but it never took any pictures (forgot double check it before i left). A week later when I pulled the card i tried puting it in my cannon camera and it said memory errror. I then tried putting my sd card from my cannon into the trail cam and no results. when I put the card back in my cannon it read memory error. wtc! long story short I lost my pics of canon memory card just by putting it in the trail cam. from what I read in the manual the sd card wasn't formatted for the stealth cam and I still haven't figured out how to do it yet. my cannon formats the card itself.

chrisdull
Fawn
Fawn

Post by chrisdull » Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:20 pm

I had a similar problem with my stealth cam this year. It worked fine without the sd card. when I inserted the card the counter went to zero but it never took any pictures (forgot double check it before i left). A week later when I pulled the card i tried puting it in my cannon camera and it said memory errror. I then tried putting my sd card from my cannon into the trail cam and no results. when I put the card back in my cannon it read memory error. wtc! long story short I lost my pics of canon memory card just by putting it in the trail cam. from what I read in the manual the sd card wasn't formatted for the stealth cam and I still haven't figured out how to do it yet. my cannon formats the card itself.
Have stealth cam I450. Uses 2B SD card. Worked fine last year. I have the first issues you have. Camera takes pics using internal memory. When put card in, it flashes like it's taking a pic, yet stays on 0000, where no pics being taken.
Used new card, formatted it, nothing. Did another card same way, nothing.
WHY would it work last year and not this year?
My husband is leaving for camp, 4 hours away, tomorrow Dec 22, 2012. I've searched HIGH & LOW on internet for answers. Wrote customer support, no answer. Finally tried to call, after business hours of course.
ANYONE on here tonight that can give me an answer to try to help fix this for my husband? PLEASE and TY :) :)

derekp1999
4 point
4 point

Post by derekp1999 » Thu Apr 18, 2013 3:52 pm

I'll be using the micro SD card with an adapter in 2 cameras this summer. Tried both out just to make sure & both work perfectly... I just had to make sure both SD cards were freshly formatted.
I'm hoping to be able to use the tablet to check my cameras instead of hauling my laptop around creation. I've noticed that the SD card in the tablet will "go bad" every couple weeks & I can reformat it with another device and it will work fine again.... technology, go figure.
“The consequences of our actions are always so complicated, so diverse, that predicting the future is a very difficult business indeed.”
-Albus Dumbledore