Old hunting grounds (part 2)

Fishing, Sunsets, Outdoors, Birds, etc.
archerycrazy
Spike
Spike

Old hunting grounds (part 2)

Post by archerycrazy » Wed Jan 13, 2010 11:43 pm

This photo was taken just several meters away from the picture in part one. Whereas the pond area was replete with waterfowl, these fields were amazing for pheasants, doves, and more. I remember being a boy and walking through these very fields when they were planted with maize. I could barely see over the top as my dad and uncle would shoot pheasant after pheasant. Now, my children love to roam the farm, but the feeling is not the same. Houses and the noise that accompanies them are all too present.

In a funny way it reminds me of watching a loved clinging to life as it comes to a close. I recall Grandpa on his green John Deere harvesting the fields. Now he is too weak to visit the farm that he created. Like the life of a dear loved one, the memories made in these fields will live long after the last disc tills up the land.
Attachments
Oldhunt2.jpg
I was fortunate to snap this shot during one of the very last times my grandfather visited the farm.
I was fortunate to snap this shot during one of the very last times my grandfather visited the farm.

camodup
3 point
3 point

Re: Old hunting grounds (part 2)

Post by camodup » Thu Jan 14, 2010 12:50 pm

Wow, those are some awesome memories :not-worthy

I too have seen good hunting turn into houses and become infested with people. Its just too bad.
thedailyhuntandfish.com

Pro Staff for Northern Utah Waterfowl
Duck Junkies Field Staff

heshen
2 point
2 point

Post by heshen » Thu Jan 14, 2010 12:57 pm

Love the picture of your grandpa... I need to go get a few of my grandparents too. Those memories I want for the rest of my life...

MuleyMadness
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MuleyMadness » Thu Jan 14, 2010 5:30 pm

Very cool!