Cactus seat

Fishing, Sunsets, Outdoors, Birds, etc.
archerycrazy
Spike
Spike

Cactus seat

Post by archerycrazy » Fri Jan 22, 2010 1:14 am

I have been anxious to get out photographing this week, and I made an effort this morning only to find the rain would not stop. Prior to giving up I shot a photo of a small lone cactus stem growing out of the red rocks of southern Utah. It reminded me of the many times I have been too busy focusing on an animal to watch where I sit down. One of these in the buttocks area does not have the therapeutic effects of acupuncture...how do I know? Unfortunately I learned the hard way...by first hand experience.

Does anyone else have stories of encounters with sharp or poisonous things while hunting? They just add to the experience.
Attachments
cactusrock2.jpg

sneekeepete
Monster
Monster

Re: Cactus seat

Post by sneekeepete » Fri Jan 22, 2010 9:15 am

Very cool picture! Thanks for sharing. I have also had the uncomfortable experience of sitting or kneeling on a cactus.
SNEEKEEPETE
OIF Vet.
Sgt Petersen USMC
Colossians 1:27,28

ABert

Post by ABert » Fri Jan 22, 2010 11:29 pm

I once knelt on a cactus for about a minute or more waiting for a shot on a buck a few years back. Funny thing is, I never felt it until I pulled the trigger. I ended up with a fairly decent buck and pulling needles out of my knee for the next month.

Wasn't as bad as my dad many years ago when he sat in one. My grandpa and uncle spent the better part of an hour with needle nose pliers pulling needles out of his bare butt bent over a log in camp lol
It ain't the size of the gun but the placement of the bullet.

Loafer
3 point
3 point

Post by Loafer » Mon Feb 01, 2010 5:32 pm

Cool backdrop.
Uva uvam vivendo varia fit - Augustus McCrae

MuleyMadness
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MuleyMadness » Mon Feb 01, 2010 6:13 pm

Yea I sat on one right before taking a shot at a buck in Southern Utah, not quite the cool red backdrop as yours but I've "been there, done that." lol Cool pic.

tracker
Spike
Spike

Post by tracker » Sat Feb 06, 2010 6:14 pm

Good job. :thumb 10sign:
Romans 8:28