Good camera for a Nooooob??

Fishing, Sunsets, Outdoors, Birds, etc.
JimmyB
Spike
Spike

Good camera for a Nooooob??

Post by JimmyB » Fri Sep 26, 2014 2:32 am

Speaking of taking pictures in low light conditions....I didn't want to hi-jack wannabemuley's thread so I making my own! My question is what is a good quality camera to get that doesn't cost a fortune and has more features than I know what to do with? I'm not looking to become a professional photographer but I do like to snap pics while I'm out in the woods (mainly landscape, mountains, ect. And if there's a pic I really like then I get it blown up and hang it in my house) I've kind of looked at the Nikon D3200 and the Cannon Rebel but I have no clue which would work best for me. The only thing I know about a camera is the amount of MP and size of the lens....

Which would work best for taking good outdoor pics of beautiful random scenery that catches my eye? Can either of these take selfies?? lol

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Nikon-24.2-MP ... K/20920869

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Canon-18-MP-9126B003/35255311
Shooter McGavin

MuleyMadness
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Good camera for a Nooooob??

Post by MuleyMadness » Sat Sep 27, 2014 9:32 am

I shoot with Canon gear, but Nikon makes GREAT cameras also. I don't think you can go wrong with either one of those.

Big Moose
Spike
Spike

Re: Good camera for a Nooooob??

Post by Big Moose » Sun Sep 28, 2014 11:15 am

I also shoot Canon. If you choose the Canon model you are looking at (T5), I'd just buy the camera body and for $300, get the Canon 10-18 lens. This would be a pretty good set up for landscapes. Either camera would work well, it's all in the lenses. Just my thoughts.

Moose
Every hunting season you miss is one you can not make up