Vortex Fury vs. Viper

Optics, cameras, tents, boots, binoculars, spotting scopes & other gear.
utahpredator_7
Spike
Spike

Vortex Fury vs. Viper

Post by utahpredator_7 » Sun Mar 14, 2010 10:41 pm

I am going to buy a new pair of binos here in the next couple of months. In the past I've bought cheap pairs just because they were cheap and I didn't think it mattered all that much. After looking through some of my buddys' binos that idea is now out the window. I hate my current pair and am considering seeing what tannerite will do to them when I get a new pair...just because they're so frustrating. Anyways, rant over, I can get real good deals on Vortex binos. Real good. So I am now debating whether to get the Fury or the Viper, 10x42. They'll be used for all sorts of western hunting, and used a lot for looking at deer in the spotlight too. Is the extra 200 bucks for the Vipers worth it? I know the Furys are at least good binos, and I absolutely love my buddy's Vipers but there's nowhere close around here to compare them. I don't want to regret buying a cheap pair again. BTW I'm 18 and it will take me a while to earn the $$, and my parents aren't going to buy them for me like all my friends' did.
We should let druggies overdose, gays get married, and in a couple generations there would be no more democrats!