Treestand Ladders?

Optics, cameras, tents, boots, binoculars, spotting scopes & other gear.
bc.pse
2 point
2 point

Treestand Ladders?

Post by bc.pse » Sun Jun 27, 2010 2:15 pm

What do you guys like to use to get up your treestand? I'm going to get a little hang on stand but it doesn't have a ladder or anything is there any cheap lightweight tree ladders or would tree step nails be easier?
Thanks
bc.pse
"I'm a Backwoods Boy! I grew up on a Dirt Road!"-Josh Turner

maintguy47
3 point
3 point

Re: Treestand Ladders?

Post by maintguy47 » Sun Jun 27, 2010 6:11 pm

Some states won't let you put nails or screws in a tree. Check the regs. I use screw in steps where I can If I'm useing a lock on. IMO they are safer and you can put them where you want them. What ever you use I'd put it a little higher than your lock on so you step down onto your stand instead of climbing up.

bc.pse
2 point
2 point

Post by bc.pse » Mon Jun 28, 2010 9:58 am

yeah, i have a few other permanent stands that use nails and they are the better option but i'm using this stand to move around where every i need it. so I was thinking a ladder would be a better option...what do you think? i know u can get a bit for a screwdriver to screw in the nails that would be easy but i don't know? thanks for your advice.
bc.pse
"I'm a Backwoods Boy! I grew up on a Dirt Road!"-Josh Turner

maintguy47
3 point
3 point

Post by maintguy47 » Mon Jun 28, 2010 7:50 pm

What I meant was they make premolded metal steps that you can screw into a tree with your hand. I would never use a nail or a screw for a step. Most sportinggood stores carry all types of ladders you can tie or strap to a tree mostly 3ft secsions totaling 15ft. That would be your best bet.

jerseyelknut
Spike
Spike

Post by jerseyelknut » Tue Jun 29, 2010 11:52 am

I have used the Summit Swiftree and the Summit Bucksteps. I really like the swiftree, but the tree has to be pretty much dead straight otherwise it's tough to strap onto the tree.