Pack tents

Optics, cameras, tents, boots, binoculars, spotting scopes & other gear.
killerbee

Re: Pack tents

Post by killerbee » Mon Jun 28, 2010 9:33 pm

maintguy47 wrote:And I'd rather hunt naked than leave my Jetboil behind so if you see an old naked fart running threw the mountians don't shoot, he's just looking for his jetboil and couldn't pick out the right tent.
thats friekin funny!!! 10sign:

i know, guys love them. but in theory- you need to be packed in at least 7-8 days/ or with 3-4 guys using the same stove for it to offset the weight. but it does boil fast! i use a MSR pocket rocket, 3 oz. i fuel can will last me 5 days= super lightweight cooking system.

but back to your tent, i do think your trying to eliminate what makes a tent good. once you find the tent, you'll probably not like the condensation build up. ( unless your wanting to spend a ton of $$$)

Springville Shooter
Monster
Monster

Post by Springville Shooter » Tue Jun 29, 2010 4:53 pm

I don't care about the weight of the jetboil, I wouldn't pack any other stove into the wilderness. Mountain house raspberry crumble is heavy too and I always bring that. I too have a very lightweight pack tent with a mesh/fly top and I love it. The fly can be staked in several locations around the tent and can take hellacious winds. The tent breathes well and I never have condensation on the tent or my stuff. ---------------SS
"Only accurate rifles are interesting"-----Col. Townsend Whelen

maintguy47
3 point
3 point

Post by maintguy47 » Tue Jun 29, 2010 6:38 pm

Fineally found a marmot dealer in FortWorth that would let me set one up and check it out. Or rather she set it up.It was a moutian climbing and snow ski-board place. Anyway its got alot more room than mine and I realy like the vesto, vestub, the flap thing looks like it'll keep the snow off of my pack and won't get wet pulling stuff out of it in the mddle of the night. Other than the bright orange color I like it. It'll be tucked under some spruce trees anyway. Thanks guys.

maintguy47
3 point
3 point

Post by maintguy47 » Tue Jun 29, 2010 6:43 pm

P.S. Was 239.00 to much?

killerbee

Post by killerbee » Tue Jun 29, 2010 10:05 pm

thats a good deal!

and i'd bet now your really likeing that extra rainfly/ vestabule!

it's awsome really, plenty of roonm for all your gear, + it's pretty light.you will never regret buyn that tent :thumb